Announcement

#1 2015-05-01 16:58:25

fresseng
2015-05-01

ws.php timeout

Dear Piwigo Users,

Ever since the last upgrade, I am experiencing difficulties in upload photos to the gallery. I was using pLoader under Ubuntu and then switched to the web interface, facing however the same difficulties. When I ask for the transfer to begin, everything goes well until the photo is almost completely loaded. The loading then stops until some timeout occurs. After waiting for the timeout to happen, the next photo starts and experiences the same behavior at the end of the upload. Eventually, all the photos are successfully uploaded, but it takes a really long time for the timeouts to occur on each photo.

When checking the php logs on my hosting server, I spotted this line which seems to happen for each single photo upload. It is indeed a time out :

[01-May-2015 16:27:39] WARNING: [pool www] child 19998, script '/[...]/photos.fressengeas.net/htdocs/ws.php' (request: "POST /ws.php") execution timed out (227.407369 sec), terminating
[01-May-2015 16:27:39] WARNING: [pool www] child 19998 exited on signal 15 (SIGTERM) after 241.327599 seconds from start

I wonder if this is due to the last version of piwigo, which it seems as it happened when upgrading, or some changed behavior on my hosting server

Many thanks for help

Nicolas

Piwigo version: 2.7.4
PHP version: 5.4.35-0+deb7u2
MySQL version:  5.5.40-0+wheezy1-log
Piwigo URL: http://photos.fressengeas.net

#2 2015-09-12 01:54:45

layanto
2015-09-12

Re: ws.php timeout

Hi,
I have the same problem with Piwigo 2.7.4 on Windows. Did you find out why plupload failed to finish uploading? Using the administration backend uploading one photo always stuck at 100% even though the photo and thumbnails were correctly uploaded.

#3 2015-09-12 08:31:28

layanto
2015-09-12

Did some debugging and found out where ws.php timeouts on file upload. If I comment out fetchRemote($thumb_url, $dest); in function add_uploaded_file in file admin\include\functions_upload.inc.php then no more problem. What does this line do? Do I need it as upload works with this line commented.

Thanks.

#4 2015-09-14 11:07:37

fresseng
2015-05-01

Hi,

Thanks for confirmation ! However, for some reason, the bug vanished on my side. There was no piwigo update before the bug vanished. There was however some update of my Ubuntu 14.04.

Nicolas

#5 2017-05-25 14:52:19

kimbl
2017-05-25

Hi,

I've run into exactly the same problem  the first file uploads OK, then the process stops.  Eventually the PHP process times out and the second file goes up ok - then waits for timeout again.    Can speed it up by changing the timeout in php.ini

Your fix of "comment out fetchRemote($thumb_url, $dest); in function add_uploaded_file in file admin\include\functions_upload.inc.php"   works perfectly.

I've tried to do some more debugging (that function is in functions.php) - thought it was "curl" missing - installed that - no - it's not taking that code path - something to do with a direct file read from a URL.

For now, commenting the line as above has got me going again, and I may get some more time to debug, but anyone any idea of a root cause?

(Debian 8.8, Lighttpd, fastcgi_php - fresh install on fresh VM duplicated it)

Board footer