Announcement

#1 2016-01-13 14:30:55

esmee
2016-01-13

[resolved] Installation 2.7.4, config file failed

Hello,

I try to install Piwigo 2.7.4 via download package, but I keep getting the same error.
I downloaded and uploaded the content to my web server with FileZilla. I went to the in installation page and clicked 'start installation'.

Then i get the error:
Creation of config file local/config/database.inc.php failed.
- You can download the config file and upload it to the local/config directory in your installation.
- An alternate solution is to copy the text in the box above and paste it into the file "local/config/database.inc.php" (Warning: database.inc.php must only contain what is in the textarea, no line return or space character)

I have completed the first option (downloaded and uploaded the config file), but I keep getting the same error.
I couldn't complete the second option because the 'database.inc.php' file doesn't exist in my local/config directory. The only file in the local/config directory is index.php

Underneath the error is says:
Congratulations, Piwigo installation is completed.
Visit the gallery

When I click on 'Visit the gallery' I go back to the installation page and when i click 'start installation' again I get the same error again.

I hope anyone has some answer for me.
Thank you in advance.

Greets,
Esmee

Piwigo version: 2.7.4
Piwigo URL: http://192.168.56.102/piwigo/install.php?language=en_UK

Last edited by esmee (2016-01-13 18:36:09)

#2 2016-01-14 10:47:45

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Re: [resolved] Installation 2.7.4, config file failed

Hello
typically an error caused by the impossibility to read nor modify files by the server: check the permissions of folders and files (owner and chmod) and set them propely

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#3 2016-01-14 11:22:42

esmee
2016-01-13

Re: [resolved] Installation 2.7.4, config file failed

Thank you!
It's working right now

Board footer