Announcement

#1 2016-01-27 20:43:08

deannag65
NE USA
2016-01-27

Can't install plugins.

Hello,

I'm trying to set up a Piwigo site to replace my photobucket hosting. Tired of paying to have my images not show up on message boards, etc. every time I turn around. If I'm going to have such issues, I might as well use the web space I'm already paying for, instead of paying extra to them.

I heard Piwigo had a plugin that would give me links for use on message boards, and similar places. Something like what photobucket does on their site. I installed the latest version from the download area here at Piwigo.org, then uploaded it to my web space and installed it. Everything went smoothly. No problems with anything.

However, now I've discovered I'm having trouble getting plugins to install. I'm using the installer in the admin area, but when I click on a plugin to try and install it, I get an error message and it doesn't install.

The only plugin I really think I need, considering what I use Piwigo for, is whichever will give me links I can cut and paste to show my images on other sites. Like what photobucket does in their setup.

I checked the folders and their all 755. Isn't that what they're supposed to be? What am I missing?

Thank you for any help. It's much appreciated.

Piwigo version: 2.7.4
Apache version: 2.4.18
PHP version: 5.5.31
MySQL version: 5.5.47-cll
Piwigo URL: http://www.myimgbox.com/deannag65/

#2 2016-01-27 22:56:13

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Re: Can't install plugins.

hello
you should alos check the owner of files and folders

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#3 2016-01-27 23:52:51

deannag65
NE USA
2016-01-27

Re: Can't install plugins.

I'm not sure what you mean.

The site is on my VPS.
I own the website.
I'm the administrator and the only member of the Piwigo setup on my site.
I set it up for my personal use, and perhaps a select few others. Not the general public.

I made my albums private and gave myself full permissions.

However, not being able to install plugins with the installation tools in the admin area was present both before and after setting up my file and album permissions.

Should the plugins folder be set to 755 or 777?

I asked because I've tried both and it had no affect.

Sorry to be so lost.
Thanks.
I

Board footer