Announcement

#1 2016-02-01 02:42:37

rebecca lysaght

Static pages.

Hello/Hi/Greetings,

I am a rank beginner when it comes to building a website but I'm a veteran artist and photographer. I've gotten a bunch of my pics on my brand new website and what I need next is a few static pages to include a home and introduction page and another static page as the final page.

I've been reading and trying to figure out what plugins and extensions are, how they work and if one or both of them are the right "fit" for what I need. Unfortunately, I am rather digitally challenged and have a bit of short term memory issues as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated but please remember than I am just starting out and don't necessarily know things that are obvious to more experienced Piwigo users.

Thanks in advance.

Rebecca Lysaght

Piwigo version:
PHP version:
MySQL version:
Piwigo URL: http://

#2 2016-02-01 19:21:57

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

Re: Static pages.

Hi

[extension by P@t] Additional Pages is what your are looking for, once installed a new entry on teh back office appear where you can create new pages.

it can be coupled with [extension by Piwigo Team] Extended Description to easily add existing photos in the new pages (see the plugin page on your gallery once installed for syntax details).

#3 2016-02-01 20:14:20

rebecca

Thank for your response. It sounds like either or both of those extensions will be what I need. Now, another newbie question; I can download the extensions to my computer but how do I get them onto my site http://visualsltd.com/?

Thanks again.

rebecca

#4 2016-02-01 20:17:54

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

You don't need to download them, go to Plugins->Manage->Other plugins available.

#5 2016-02-01 20:40:29

rebecca

Thank you so much! I was starting to feel like a complete imbecile. Though this next question may prove me to be one after all. I put my content onto an additional page but it displays it as one single paragraph. Is there some code or symbol that I have to use to make it look like a regular page showing the blank lines between paragraphs?

Thanks again!

Rebecca

#6 2016-02-01 21:17:34

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Hi Rebecca,

rebecca wrote:

Is there some code or symbol that I have to use to make it look like a regular page showing the blank lines between paragraphs?

Additional pages are regular HTML. A new line is <br>.

If you don't know (and don't plan to learn) HTML, you can activate [extension by P@t] FCK Editor and come back to edit your page, you will have a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor.

#7 2016-02-01 21:48:48

rebecca

Thanks, Plg.

I expect to learn HTML as I go and as I do more with my website. However, like most people I think, I am impatient to get my website set up so I am looking for the basics that I need to do so. This forum and the various plug-ins are very helpful for a noob like me.

Thank you for your patience.

rebecca

#8 2016-02-01 22:09:04

rebecca

Plg,

That little tidbit of <br> is perfect! Is there a dictionary or some place I can go to start learning BASIC HTML?

Rebecca

Board footer