Announcement

#76 2015-05-27 11:58:52

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: FAQ? Migrating from gallery 2 to piwigo

Thank you for the nice pull-request on Github. I just published a new version 2.7.e of the import plugin.

#77 2015-05-29 04:10:57

Deepak

Kmar wrote:

Hi Deepak, the plugin should be run from the Administration menu. From there, click "Plugins" to expand the menu, then click "Menalto2Piwigo". If you try to access the PHP files directly, you should see the hacking attempt error, which is correct behavior in order to prevent unauthenticated users from manipulating the database.

Hi Kmar,
thanks a bunch for answering the newbie question -- I've now got it to work.
Cheers,
Deepak

#78 2015-11-05 15:43:21

Edzard de Ranitz

I have currently this in my config.inc.php

$conf['sync_chars_regex'] = '/^[a-zA-Z0-9-_#. ]+$/';

It does close to what I need but I have lot of photos with #1 #2 and so on in my file names. Did try but have not been succesfull in getting the regex to work with those file names.

Anny help would be appreciated.

Edz..

#79 2016-01-30 20:26:34

Channone Arif

I migrated from gallery3 a year ago to piwigo and never got around to redirecting all the old requests that keep coming into my website with the old urls. I got bored yesterday and wrote something in php real quick.

https://github.com/channone-arif-nbcuni/gallery

I thought I would share this quick hack. Modify it to work for you.

- Cheers

#80 2016-01-31 01:29:19

krist
2016-01-30

I tried for many hours but it did not work for me.  So, please help.
Here is what I have done.  I followed the 4 steps instructions of menalto2piwigo. 

Copy the content of g2data/albums (Gallery2) or var/albums (Gallery3) into piwigo/galleries
    Synchronize
    Submit the form at the end of this page
    Install and activate plugins: Extended Description

Then I filled in the database info and clicked the start import button, and the results says "Information data registered in database".  So, that seems to look good.  But my next step is tools->maintenance->update album info, and update photo info.  Both steps went very fast, as if it did not do anything.  There were no descriptions on the albums or photos. 

You help is much appreciated.

#81 2016-02-01 04:11:06

DancesWithWords
2014-09-16

Gettiing the following error.  Does anyone know how I can proceed?

Notice: Undefined index: in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/piwigo/plugins/menalto2piwigo/admin.php on line 220

Notice: Undefined index: in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/piwigo/plugins/menalto2piwigo/admin.php on line 221

Notice: Undefined index: in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/piwigo/plugins/menalto2piwigo/admin.php on line 220

Notice: Undefined index: in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/piwigo/plugins/menalto2piwigo/admin.php on line 221

stop execution, infinite loop to generate absolute path, for 1964_12_25 David _amp_ Bruce.tif

Warning:  [mysql error 1146] Table 'gallery2.pg_sessions' doesn't exist

REPLACE INTO pg_sessions
  (id,data,expiration)
  VALUES('C0A837jgj2dif4du5s9gmp2t8a6qt5','pwg_device|s:7:\"desktop\";pwg_mobile_theme|b:0;pwg_uid|i:1;need_update|b:0;extensions_need_update|a:0:{}incompatible_plugins|a:1:{s:10:\"~~expire~~\";i:1454289853;}bulk_manager_filter|a:1:{s:9:\"prefilter\";s:6:\"caddie\";}pwg_multiview|a:8:{s:7:\"view_as\";s:1:\"1\";s:5:\"theme\";s:7:\"elegant\";s:4:\"lang\";s:5:\"en_GB\";s:12:\"show_queries\";b:0;s:10:\"debug_l10n\";b:0;s:14:\"debug_template\";b:0;s:22:\"template_combine_files\";b:1;s:10:\"no_history\";b:0;}',now())
; in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/piwigo/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 830

Did a lot of searching can not seem to find fix for this specific issue.
Thanks for your help.

====
DWW

Last edited by DancesWithWords (2016-02-01 17:27:57)

#82 2016-02-03 00:44:08

DancesWithWords
2014-09-16

Bump.

====
DWW

#83 2016-02-06 16:11:56

krist
2016-01-30

krist wrote:

Here is what I have done.  I followed the 4 steps instructions of menalto2piwigo. 

Copy the content of g2data/albums (Gallery2) or var/albums (Gallery3) into piwigo/galleries
    Synchronize

Then I filled in the database info and clicked the start import button, and the results says "Information data registered in database".  So, that seems to look good.  But my next step is tools->maintenance->update album info, and update photo info.  Both steps went very fast, as if it did not do anything.  There were no descriptions on the albums or photos. 

I solved the problem.  It is working as advertised.  The problem was due to the way that I created the link of "galleries" in piwigo to my other HDD where the real gallery photos are stored.  On the HDD, the photo directory has to be named "galleries" as well for it to work.

#84 2016-04-03 22:52:08

DancesWithWords
2014-09-16

krist wrote:

krist wrote:

Synchronize

I solved the problem.  It is working as advertised.  The problem was due to the way that I created the link of "galleries" in piwigo to my other HDD where the real gallery photos are stored.  On the HDD, the photo directory has to be named "galleries" as well for it to work.

Could you be more specific for your solution?  Thanks.

=====
DWW

#85 2016-04-04 17:07:17

krist
2016-01-30

I am not sure which part you want me to expand.  The procedure itself is ok, just follow it.  My problem is that I am using a small ssd to run the os, and piwigo is on it, and I do not want to keep a large galleries file on it.  So, in the piwigo directory, I link "galleries" file to another file in another HDD.  In order for it to work, the file name in another HDD has to be the same name "galleries".  If you name it something else, it will not work.

#86 2016-04-04 23:46:17

DancesWithWords
2014-09-16

krist wrote:

I am not sure which part you want me to expand.  The procedure itself is ok, just follow it.  My problem is that I am using a small ssd to run the os, and piwigo is on it, and I do not want to keep a large galleries file on it.  So, in the piwigo directory, I link "galleries" file to another file in another HDD.  In order for it to work, the file name in another HDD has to be the same name "galleries".  If you name it something else, it will not work.

I know understand what you are doing and it does not help me.  Thanks for replying.

======
DWW

#87 2016-04-05 00:05:39

krist
2016-01-30

Please describe your problem, may be I can help.  Please state each step you have gone through, and what error message you received.

#88 2016-04-05 20:52:39

DancesWithWords
2014-09-16

krist wrote:

Please describe your problem, may be I can help.  Please state each step you have gone through, and what error message you received.

See the following post.  This is the error message I get when using the menltotopiwigo plugin.  If all else falls.  I just would like to import my directory and subdirectories of pictures.  They're and on the same hdd on the same server.

=====
DWW

#89 2016-04-06 03:10:37

krist
2016-01-30

I think it would help us if you can show each of the steps you made and where and when these errors show up . The purpose is so that I can recreate what you did.

#90 2016-09-06 08:19:15

mike15
2016-09-06

Hi, as I'm trying to migrate my Gallery2 instance to Piwigo, I've stumbled on the question if Menalto2Piwigo plugin has support for Gallery2 Multi Language Module that can be found here: 

http://codex.galleryproject.org/Gallery … :multilang

My site contains over 5k photos with titles and descriptions in two languages.  Loosing it isn't an option for me, so I was hoping someone could clarify if this is something that can be added to the future releases to support Multilingual Extended Description plugin?

Thanks!
Mike

Board footer