Piwigo.org

You are not logged in. (Register / Login)

Announcement

#1 2016-05-04 12:29:59

plg
Piwigo Team
Location: Nantes, France, Europe
Registered: 2002-04-05
Posts: 12949
Website

Piwigo 2.8.1

Hello Piwigo users,

Here comes Piwigo version 2.8.1. This version fixes various bugs. Some of them were introduced by version 2.8.0. See full details on the Piwigo 2.8.1 Release Notes. Main bugs fixed:

* increase randomness on random key generation. Vulnerability reported by Dan Clifford. Many thanks to him! This vulnerability is quite annoying but only has impact for Windows hosting and old PHP versions.
* failure to create tables on MySQL 5.7
* multiple-format feature described in embedded documentation

Follow the automatic upgrade procedure and run the most recent version of Piwigo.

Have a nice update and may the 4th be with you!

--
Piwigo Team

Offline

#2 2016-05-04 19:39:35

Loaf1912
Guest

Re: Piwigo 2.8.1

I have just upgraded my site to this version and im now seeing a number of photos with a warning triangle, i have tried to repair, delete and sync, re add photos and still i get the error.

Any ideas how to fix this or what has gone wrong?

#3 2016-05-10 01:09:43

rvh
Member
Registered: 2016-05-09
Posts: 6

Re: Piwigo 2.8.1

Hi,
I tried the automated upgrade process via the web interface, however it failed (using Ubuntu 14, PHP 5.3.3 and Apache 2)

The upgrade failed with a long list of file permission errors (no write permission). After changing those, the upgrade did not complete successfully either: the frontend with the image galleries is still working fine, however once I try to access the backend (URL/admin.php), I get the following error message:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_orphans() in /var/www/html/admin.php on line 244

Accessing URL/upgrade.php tells me: 'Version 2.7.4', upgrade the database from your old Piwigo version to the new version. The upgrade assistant thinks you are currently running release 2.7.0 (or equivalent).

I'm confused now which version of Piwigo I'm running, and is there a step-by-step instructions, as to how I can manually upgrade web server and database to the latest version 2.8.1?! Right now, I can't access the backend interface (admin.php) anymore!?
thanks for your help...
rudiger

Offline

#4 2016-05-10 11:28:38

flop25
Piwigo Team
Registered: 2006-07-06
Posts: 6392
Website

Re: Piwigo 2.8.1

rvh wrote:

Hi,
I tried the automated upgrade process via the web interface, however it failed (using Ubuntu 14, PHP 5.3.3 and Apache 2)

The upgrade failed with a long list of file permission errors (no write permission). After changing those, the upgrade did not complete successfully either: the frontend with the image galleries is still working fine, however once I try to access the backend (URL/admin.php), I get the following error message:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_orphans() in /var/www/html/admin.php on line 244

Accessing URL/upgrade.php tells me: 'Version 2.7.4', upgrade the database from your old Piwigo version to the new version. The upgrade assistant thinks you are currently running release 2.7.0 (or equivalent).

I'm confused now which version of Piwigo I'm running, and is there a step-by-step instructions, as to how I can manually upgrade web server and database to the latest version 2.8.1?! Right now, I can't access the backend interface (admin.php) anymore!?
thanks for your help...
rudiger

that's serious indeed Please start by opening a new thread


To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

Offline

#5 2016-06-15 15:44:17

Walt
Guest

Re: Piwigo 2.8.1

Loaf1912 wrote:

I have just upgraded my site to this version and im now seeing a number of photos with a warning triangle, i have tried to repair, delete and sync, re add photos and still i get the error.

Any ideas how to fix this or what has gone wrong?

This is exactly what happened to me.  What happened and how do i fix it?

#6 2016-06-15 15:45:56

flop25
Piwigo Team
Registered: 2006-07-06
Posts: 6392
Website

Re: Piwigo 2.8.1

Walt wrote:

Loaf1912 wrote:

I have just upgraded my site to this version and im now seeing a number of photos with a warning triangle, i have tried to repair, delete and sync, re add photos and still i get the error.

Any ideas how to fix this or what has gone wrong?

This is exactly what happened to me.  What happened and how do i fix it?

read [Forum, topic 23208] READ ME: getting an error after the update? the FAQ http://piwigo.org/doc/doku.php?id=user_ … es_missing and open a new thread


To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

Offline

#7 2016-10-19 19:06:47

JD
Guest

Re: Piwigo 2.8.1

I just ran the update and am now getting a "Call to undefined function get_orphans() in URL/admin.php on line 244.

I can't get to any of the Administration pages. They all have the same warning on a blank page.

#8 2016-10-19 19:07:50

flop25
Piwigo Team
Registered: 2006-07-06
Posts: 6392
Website

Re: Piwigo 2.8.1

JD wrote:

I just ran the update and am now getting a "Call to undefined function get_orphans() in URL/admin.php on line 244.

I can't get to any of the Administration pages. They all have the same warning on a blank page.

same reply as above
read [Forum, topic 23208] READ ME: getting an error after the update? and open a new thread


To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

Offline

#9 2016-10-19 19:39:17

JD
Guest

Re: Piwigo 2.8.1

Fixed. I overwrote the admin.php file with an old backup via FTP and all is working again. Thanks.

#10 2017-01-09 20:54:05

skrotbil
Guest

Re: Piwigo 2.8.1

I have just upgraded my site to this version and im now seeing a number of photos with a warning triangle, i have tried to repair, delete and sync, re add photos and still i get the error.
Spam link

Last edited by flop25 (2017-01-09 22:21:29)

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

github twitter facebook google+ newsletter Donate Piwigo.org © 2002-2017 · Contact