2013-06-12

Re: Mobile theme, icons and menus are so small

The fix is quite simple. Just add

Code:

@-ms-viewport { width: device-width; }

to themes/smartpocket/theme.css

I created a pull request at https://github.com/Piwigo/Piwigo/pull/482

MrVaulen wrote:

FYI: Your demo also looks better on my Nexus 7 tablet, than default smartpocket settings.

The fix shouldn't have any effect on Non-WindowsPhone devices (@-ms is ignored by anything other than Microsoft browsers), so I really have no explanation why smartpocket on my demosite would look different on a Nexus tablet. Could you maybe post screenshots? :-)

#17 2016-05-22 23:29:35

MrVaulen
2016-04-17

Thanks for the info and testing. Much appreciated!

See attached screenshots for your demo site and my site when opened on my Nexus. They look different also with Adroid. Any ideas as to why?

#18 2016-05-22 23:47:06

teekay
2013-06-12

Hmm, the only idea would be that the Android browser honors the @-ms-viewport property somehow, but I can't imagine that. Which browser is that? Google Chrome, or the old Android stock browser?

You could test this by going to Plugins -> Local Files Editor -> CSS and just add the @-ms-viewport or edit smartpocket/theme.css like shown in my previous post. Does it make any difference?

Last edited by teekay (2016-05-22 23:48:12)

#19 2016-05-23 00:06:42

teekay
2013-06-12

MrVaulen wrote:

And also I prefer swiping through the pictures as default when an album is opened. Any way to set swipe as default when a picture is opened?

Implemented in the latest version. Can be activated in Themes -> Bootstrap darkroom configuration -> Thumbnail link target. :)

#20 2016-05-23 17:28:15

kuzco
2013-09-17

Hello,
I am still playing with this theme (latest version 1.2.0) , but I am struggling in 2 ways:

1. It seems that this theme creates new thumbnails. Unfortunately these thumbnails are looking a little bit "strange" - I believe the thumbnails took only a part of the "real" picture. Please see attached picture.

2. When looking pictures on my Mac (10.10.4) it only works with Safari. When using Firefox (46.0.1) the picture I would like to see is only visible for some miliseconds and after that I am back in the overview of the folder.

3. How can I make sure that the picture name is not visible under the picture thumbnails in a folder ?

Environment

Operating system: WINNT
        PHP: 7.0.5 (Show info) [2016-05-23 17:22:36]
        MySQL: 5.5.48-MariaDB [2016-05-23 17:22:36]
        Graphics Library: External ImageMagick 6.9.3-8

UPDATE for 2: Sometimes when clicking the thumbnails 3 or more time, it will be visible. Unfortunately when going forward or back, after 2 or 3 pictures all others are black  (or not visible ?) !

Regards
kuzco

Last edited by kuzco (2016-05-23 18:05:39)

#21 2016-05-23 20:09:14

teekay
2013-06-12

kuzco wrote:

Hello,
I am still playing with this theme (latest version 1.2.0) , but I am struggling in 2 ways:

1. It seems that this theme creates new thumbnails. Unfortunately these thumbnails are looking a little bit "strange" - I believe the thumbnails took only a part of the "real" picture. Please see attached picture.

This is how Piwigo default thumbnails work. Go to that picture's settings page -> Center of interest. Personally, I use GThumb+ for the thumbnails page, combined with RV Thumbnail Scroller.

kuzco wrote:

2. When looking pictures on my Mac (10.10.4) it only works with Safari. When using Firefox (46.0.1) the picture I would like to see is only visible for some miliseconds and after that I am back in the overview of the folder.

I'll try to reproduce this. On OS X I tested with Safari and Chrome. Totally forgot about Firefox. Though, with Firefox on Linux works fine.

kuzco wrote:

3. How can I make sure that the picture name is not visible under the picture thumbnails in a folder ?

Use custom CSS:

Code:

#thumbnails .caption { display: none; }

The first screenshot shows RV Menutree Plugin? Or Advanced Menu Manager? Both are not compatible with Bootstrap Darkroom/Default. See https://github.com/tkuther/piwigo-boots … rt-Matrix.

I guess it's time to open a separate thread for Bootstrap Darkroom related questions. This thread is about mobile theme display of smartpocket on WIndows Phones, I hijacked it enough already.

Udate: Done! Please continue Darkroom discussions here: http://piwigo.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=26624

Last edited by teekay (2016-05-23 20:57:59)

#22 2016-05-23 23:11:30

MrVaulen
2016-04-17

Regarding layout on Windows mobile and Android. My site looks different on my Android than your demo site does. Same goes for the demo site on piwigo.org
My site looks so much smaller in size on the Android as well. My Nexus is running latest Android (6) and using Chrome.

I am running Win 8.1 64x with what was latest Wampserver in April this year. Installed the automatic piwigo installation 2.8.0 and have since updated to 2.8.1
All themes and plugins up to date.

I think we have two issues here. Windows phone displaying the site in less desirable size and the site appearing smaller in general (on Android also)

Strange…..

Edit: Adding “@-ms-viewport { width: device-width; }” to “themes/smartpocket/theme.css” did not make any viewable changes to how my site looks on my Lumia's or Nexus. Anything I could have done wrong? Could something else be overwriting the settings?

Last edited by MrVaulen (2016-05-23 23:19:58)

#23 2016-05-23 23:24:21

teekay
2013-06-12

Ok, that is strange, indeed.

One question: how does piwigo.org/demo look on your Lumia 1020 then?

Edit re your edit: so it's mainly an issue with your site and the @-ms-viewport "fix" for smartpocket does nothing at all :-)

Last edited by teekay (2016-05-23 23:27:49)

#24 2016-05-24 09:19:40

kuzco
2013-09-17

teekay wrote:

kuzco wrote:

Hello,

This is how Piwigo default thumbnails work. Go to that picture's settings page -> Center of interest. Personally, I use GThumb+ for the thumbnails page, combined with RV Thumbnail Scroller.

Yes. Thanks for the hint. Have forgotten to reactivate GThumb+

teekay wrote:

kuzco wrote:

I'll try to reproduce this. On OS X I tested with Safari and Chrome. Totally forgot about Firefox. Though, with Firefox on Linux works fine.

Thanks. New version works perfectly.

teekay wrote:

The first screenshot shows RV Menutree Plugin? Or Advanced Menu Manager? Both are not compatible with Bootstrap Darkroom/Default. See https://github.com/tkuther/piwigo-boots … rt-Matrix.

That is correct. After editing my first post I was not able to delete this picture.

•  » Themes
  •  » Mobile theme, icons and menus are so small

Board footer