Announcement

#1 2016-06-08 10:40:00

Caleb Howard

Forgotten Admin login

Hello/Hi/Greetings,

I installed Piwigo on my ubuntu 16.04 box a few months ago, uploaded a few hundred photos, and then got busy elsewhere.  I can log in as myself, but I don't seem to have access to the admin panel.  I have no idea what login I set up for the admin account.  (I don't recall setting up an admin account at all.  Normally I would use my name, but that account isnt working.  Perhaps there is a standard admin login that was suggested)

I can't do anything now.  The documentation...  I think I must not be able to find it...  what's on piwigo.org is empty stubs with very close to zero information - like a skeleton structure for the docs were put in place, but never had actual documentation added.

I am nearly insane with frustration.  I am about to just give up on making piwigo do *anything*.  I have never had such a hard time finding any useful information about a package.  I feel like I must be missing *everything* about how this is supposed to be documented, as I can find exactly *zero* helpful documentation at all.  It's really astonishing.

Can anyone help me to figure out what the admin login/password might be?  any hints about a file I can zero out?  I assume it's a mysql thing...  It was *so* hard to get this thing working in the first place that I really don't want to uninstall and start fresh.

I have been working with computers for 40 years.  I am a software engineer with patents in my name held by Electronic arts - a software company.  I'm generally pretty much able to get things working.  I've done cascading builds on IRIX boxes through dozens of layers of dependency with no documentation.  I've never been stumped like this.

*Is* there any documentation anywhere?  Am I mad?  holy shit.

Please help.  I'm about to lose my mind.  I've been at this for eight hours straight, and I cannot even log in to an account which gives me access to an admin panel.  I can't even find documentation which will tell me how to start a new album.

I have *never* had such a frustrating time with any software ever... and I work in windows.

Good God!

Piwigo version: No idea how to find this out
PHP version: 7.0
MySQL version: 5.7
Piwigo URL: http://   Internal - no external access

#2 2016-06-08 11:16:58

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Re: Forgotten Admin login

Hello
First take a breath
Then we greatly apreciate contributions especially for the Doc
Finally if you search on Google or on this forum you will find [Forum, topic 24322] Login/password problems
Have a good day

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#3 2016-06-08 13:52:30

jnashpiwigo
Piwigo Team
2014-10-21

Caleb Howard wrote:

Hello/Hi/Greetings,

I installed Piwigo on my ubuntu 16.04 box a few months ago, uploaded a few hundred photos, and then got busy elsewhere.  I can log in as myself, but I don't seem to have access to the admin panel.  I have no idea what login I set up for the admin account.  (I don't recall setting up an admin account at all.  Normally I would use my name, but that account isnt working.  Perhaps there is a standard admin login that was suggested)

I can't do anything now.  The documentation...  I think I must not be able to find it...  what's on piwigo.org is empty stubs with very close to zero information - like a skeleton structure for the docs were put in place, but never had actual documentation added.

I am nearly insane with frustration.  I am about to just give up on making piwigo do *anything*.  I have never had such a hard time finding any useful information about a package.  I feel like I must be missing *everything* about how this is supposed to be documented, as I can find exactly *zero* helpful documentation at all.  It's really astonishing.

Can anyone help me to figure out what the admin login/password might be?  any hints about a file I can zero out?  I assume it's a mysql thing...  It was *so* hard to get this thing working in the first place that I really don't want to uninstall and start fresh.

I have been working with computers for 40 years.  I am a software engineer with patents in my name held by Electronic arts - a software company.  I'm generally pretty much able to get things working.  I've done cascading builds on IRIX boxes through dozens of layers of dependency with no documentation.  I've never been stumped like this.

*Is* there any documentation anywhere?  Am I mad?  holy shit.

Please help.  I'm about to lose my mind.  I've been at this for eight hours straight, and I cannot even log in to an account which gives me access to an admin panel.  I can't even find documentation which will tell me how to start a new album.

I have *never* had such a frustrating time with any software ever... and I work in windows.

Good God!

Piwigo version: No idea how to find this out
PHP version: 7.0
MySQL version: 5.7
Piwigo URL: http://   Internal - no external access

*seriously*?

#4 2016-06-08 17:09:02

caleb howard

Breath taken.  Apologies.

I will look at this link, and I thank you for it.  (I most definitely did spend many hours googling, though, didn't come upon 24322).

I will look at this tonight.

To be honest, though, it took me quite some time to consider that there was another account, as I set this up for my family, and not for an external connection, so I had no reason to consider a second account - nor was the fact that I needed to log in as someone other than myself apparent - as there was no documentation saying so - just frequent reference to UI elements which weren't apparent.

If I had any idea how to use the software, I would volunteer some hours to provide minimal documentation.  It's rather a chicken and egg thing in my case, you see.

Anyhow - piwigo - as software - seems like it might be quite good.  I thank you for it, mu frustration notwithstanding.  My frustration had risen beyond anything I have ever experienced in my life before, ans I lost my composure.  Apologies again.

-caleb

#5 2016-06-08 17:40:42

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

that's ok.
I'm waiting for your reply if that's solved or not. Bye

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

Board footer