Announcement

#1 2016-06-08 20:57:20

Barry
2016-02-04

Advanced Menu Manager

Hello/Hi/Greetings,

I have deleted the post under How To and Troubleshooting and thought I would start over in Extensions.

Can't get the links and Personalized tabs to work in Advanced Menu Manager plugin.  I have deleted Grum Class plugin and the AMM plugin and again downloaded them and uploaded them back to the server with FTP that way.  Still no help.

Anyone have any ideas why only part of the AMM plugin would not work for me?

Piwigo version: 2.8.1
PHP version: 5.4.9
MySQL version: 5.5.45
Piwigo URL: http://

#2 2016-06-08 22:21:29

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Re: Advanced Menu Manager

Hello
Sure: the author of those plugin doesn't contribute anymore since years and he had a very personal way of coding. So it's hard to maintain those plugins. Deeply sorry
For links use the Local Configuration

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#3 2016-06-08 22:38:53

Barry
2016-02-04

flop25 wrote:

Hello
Sure: the author of those plugin doesn't contribute anymore since years and he had a very personal way of coding. So it's hard to maintain those plugins. Deeply sorry
For links use the Local Configuration

Thanks flop25!

#4 2017-05-19 20:06:32

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

flop25 wrote:

Sure: the author of those plugin doesn't contribute anymore since years [...]

Yes, but as far as I'm concerned, I maintain all plugins created by grum if they are installed on Piwigo.com.

flop25 wrote:

[...] and he had a very personal way of coding.

:-) certainly as anybody. What I think is that grum has "reinvented" many things with Grum Plugin Classes. By following the way other plugins are written, the code could have been 10 times shorter in my opinion. On the other way he has created very useful plugins and Advanced Menu Manager is one of them :-)

What I have planned to do is to create new simple plugins, one for each feature currently included in AMM. But this plan is several years old and I haven't started it yet! So for now, AMM is fine and will be maintained as long as no new plugin can replace it.

Board footer