Announcement

#1 2013-09-05 20:28:30

enone
2013-03-07

Better List > "reduce to single existing albums"

Hi All,

It will be nice to have a better view of the list used to display category structure when using the database synchronization wizard...

If you have hundreds of folders i bet you to scroll to the right one every time you need to use this nice function so I was thinking about make Bold the parent folders for example like:

Root Album
Parent Folder 1
    Subfolder 1
    Subfolder 2
Parent Folder 2
    Subfolder 1
    Subfolder 2

I've tryed to understand the php code but it's to difficult for me to make modifications.
Basically on the <fieldset id="catSubset"> there is a single big loop to output all the categories as <OPTIONS> of the form...

I'm not able to add a <b>bold</b> tag to the parent folders as on my example above...

Theoretically with some modifications it will be possible to colorize this list and make sub-sub-folders Italics ...underlined... and so on...

Indenting them it's not the only solution ...we need some more eye-catching way to display the list!

Last edited by enone (2013-09-06 09:09:53)

#2 2013-09-06 10:53:29

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Re: Better List > "reduce to single existing albums"

Hello
thx for reporting

you're right, and that's not only the case for this page

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#3 2016-06-19 15:47:11

rtevyncke
2014-07-25

Re: Better List > "reduce to single existing albums"

Would like to wake up this topic. Having hundreds and hundreds of albums, it becomes a nightmare to navigate and find one particular album.

Would it be possible to add a simple collapsible folder listing ?

I see a nice jquery open source collapsible tree here though it is no longer maintained : https://github.com/jzaefferer/jquery-treeview

I can do a little programming and am willing to help but will need guidance on where I need to go to do the relevant splice and cuts. Also on the programming rules we need to maintain.

Board footer