Announcement

#16 2016-07-03 12:24:37

xbgmsharp
1970-01-01

Re: Piwigo Corrupted?

I release v2.8.b and upload a ZIP file for both piwigo-videojs and piwigo-openstreetmap
https://github.com/xbgmsharp/piwigo-videojs/releases
https://github.com/xbgmsharp/piwigo-ope … p/releases

#17 2016-07-03 14:16:58

DanielB

Hi, xbgmsharp.

I've tested this new version and I had no problems with the installation. Thank you so much for the release!

I have also noticed that the videos are displayed larger. That's great.

It would be great to see the videos in slideshow mode. I'm not sure if this could be done from VideoJS or depends on the Fotorama code to integrate the videos (now they are displayed as a static picture). Let me know and I will open a enhancement issue in Github.

Thanks again.

Kind regards,
Daniel

#18 2016-07-03 15:40:42

erAck
Only trying to help
2015-09-06

The new piwigo-videojs release 2.8.b seems to work. Just acting a bit weird if one updated piwigo-videojs manually by unzipping the package after having had the original trouble above, the Piwigo updater presents it as new update but when clicking "Update all" it seems to update ok but in the plugins list it then is offered to uninstall only. So then uninstall and install again works. The other possibility is, from the updater screen not click "Update" but on the offered plugin click "Install" instead. Hopefully a one-time-only glitch due to the previously broken update.

Last edited by erAck (2016-07-03 15:41:48)

Running Piwigo at https://erack.net/gallery/

#19 2016-07-03 16:12:55

dbareiro
2016-04-02

Hi, erAck.

Perhaps that glitch is due to the previous failed installation. In my case, there was updated at the same time the new version of Piwigo and VideoJS when I had this problem.

When this happened, I restore from a previous backup. After reading this thread, I realized that this was not a problem with the Piwigo update so I proceed with the updating. Today I update to the new version of VideoJS without any problems.

Kind regards,
Daniel

#20 2016-07-03 16:18:25

xbgmsharp
1970-01-01

Happy to see it works for all of you! Thanks for the feedback.

@Daniel for any feature request please create a Github issue, https://github.com/xbgmsharp/piwigo-videojs/issues
I did not work much on template integration as there is some pending work on VideoJS v5.

#21 2016-07-03 18:26:35

carltonb
2013-02-18

Since I believe that this topic got side tracked let me explain in full detail what is happening to me.

Using Version : 2.8.1 installed from Arvixe Softaculous files. Install went well. No errors.
At this point I have not installed any plugins.
Using Chrome Version 49.0.2623.87 (64-bit). I started the program.
I entered my password. It logged me into the program.
I then attempted to go to the admin section. It asked 3 times for my password credentials.
Finally logged in. If I attempt to create an album or upload pictures it says

You are not authorized to access the requested page
Identification Home

I choose Identification and it takes me back to the log in.

If I switch to Firefox V 47.0 I am able to do almost anything. Even install the Video-JS file.
After installing the file it does not allow me to upload videos.

Since Firefox works, what could be the problem using the Chrome browser?

thanks
Carltonb

#22 2016-07-03 20:35:43

Zentalquabula
2014-05-10

DanielB wrote:

How is that great, if the video itself is not HD?

In fact, it is immensly stupid to impose a view that is larger than actual size, as it will severely degrade the quality of the video.

Show it as it is, and don't assume anything. And also give control to the user.

Yeah I know there is a v4 option, and that is what I am using. But that makes updates a moot point.

I just wish they could incorporate video in Piwigio, so we could get get rid of this crap.

#23 2016-07-03 20:57:23

xbgmsharp
1970-01-01

carltonb wrote:

Since I believe that this topic got side tracked let me explain in full detail what is happening to me.

Using Version : 2.8.1 installed from Arvixe Softaculous files. Install went well. No errors.
At this point I have not installed any plugins.
Using Chrome Version 49.0.2623.87 (64-bit). I started the program.
I entered my password. It logged me into the program.
I then attempted to go to the admin section. It asked 3 times for my password credentials.
Finally logged in. If I attempt to create an album or upload pictures it says

You are not authorized to access the requested page
Identification Home

I choose Identification and it takes me back to the log in.

If I switch to Firefox V 47.0 I am able to do almost anything. Even install the Video-JS file.
After installing the file it does not allow me to upload videos.

Since Firefox works, what could be the problem using the Chrome browser?

thanks
Carltonb

Please create a Github issue, https://github.com/xbgmsharp/piwigo-videojs/issues
I personally only use Firefox but I don;t see why there should be any difference.

#24 2016-07-03 20:59:08

xbgmsharp
1970-01-01

Zentalquabula wrote:

DanielB wrote:

How is that great, if the video itself is not HD?

In fact, it is immensly stupid to impose a view that is larger than actual size, as it will severely degrade the quality of the video.

Show it as it is, and don't assume anything. And also give control to the user.

Yeah I know there is a v4 option, and that is what I am using. But that makes updates a moot point.

I just wish they could incorporate video in Piwigio, so we could get get rid of this crap.

As mention before, VideoJS v5 is work in progress. It is a full rewrite and require time.
[Github] piwigo-videojs issue #90

#25 2016-07-03 21:52:36

dbareiro
2016-04-02

Hi, Zentalquabula.

Zentalquabula wrote:

(...)

Well, you might want to collaborate with tests in the issue #90 of piwigo-videojs. What I would recommend is to avoid using expressions such as "crap" or "inmensly stupid" because they are often counterproductive in the search of results :-)

Kind regards,
Daniel

#26 2016-07-03 23:24:50

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

dbareiro wrote:

What I would recommend is to avoid using expressions such as "crap" or "inmensly stupid" because they are often counterproductive

+1 nicely said! and I'm sure Zentalquabula did not meant to be counterproductive ;-)

#27 2017-03-31 15:14:12

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

This bug is fixed in Piwigo 2.9 (I have added some checks to avoid transversal path in the obsolete.list file)

Board footer