Announcement

•  » Requests
  •  » Search on (IPTC/EXIF/XMP?) Metadata

#1 2015-09-07 16:21:18

jnashpiwigo
Piwigo Team
2014-10-21

Search on (IPTC/EXIF/XMP?) Metadata

As I start to do a bunch of reverse geocoding on my images, I find myself in a need to be able to have Piwigo search on terms that I store in IPTC tags.

I have the mappings and utilization of iptc metadata done and the appropriate items are being stored in the images database.

Has anyone done any work on expanding the search capabilities to include these items (such as city, state, country, etc.?)

If not, perhaps a pointer or description of the built in search logic may help me to dig in to this myself.

It would be a nice addition to be able to search on metadata...

Thanks!

Last edited by jnashpiwigo (2015-09-07 16:31:45)

#2 2016-07-21 21:09:03

Jamie Marchant

Re: Search on (IPTC/EXIF/XMP?) Metadata

I installed 'Read Metadata' and then added photos. It then was able to turn my IPTC tags into keywords.(which is what the system uses internally.

#3 2016-07-25 07:19:52

eliz82
Romania
2016-04-27

a similar topic http://piwigo.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=26580

i don't think exif values of all pictures are added to database, i think they are readed on the fly every time a page is generating. maybe only the gps values, as plugins like map can show all pictures on the map.
so unless the values are not imported into the database I don't think is possible to search exif values. at least not in a reasonable fast method.

@edit: by the way you said "XMP" in the title. is this even possible to show XMP exif data in Piwigo?
XMP functionality will be interesting as software like Adobe Photoshop when saving pictures are deleting some exif data, moving the data into XMP.

Last edited by eliz82 (2016-07-25 07:35:04)

#4 2016-07-25 07:28:10

eliz82
Romania
2016-04-27

Jamie Marchant wrote:

I installed 'Read Metadata' and then added photos. It then was able to turn my IPTC tags into keywords.(which is what the system uses internally.

i already proposed some similar functionality for EXIF in this post: http://piwigo.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p … 98#p163298
see IIb) :

eliz82 wrote:

It is technically possible to mass (batch) search the all pictures in the gallery and injecting Exif data like Camera Model/Camera Maker/LensName into the database as tags/keywords.

•  » Requests
  •  » Search on (IPTC/EXIF/XMP?) Metadata

Board footer