Announcement

#1 2016-08-30 21:40:29

jcrunch
2016-08-12

Way to delete originals?

Greetings,

I'm looking for a way to delete originals from within my Piwigo setup.

Ideally, I'd like to mark them individually with a delete keyword, then grab all the photos marked 'delete' and delete them both from the database and from the file system.

I'm using a physical file system, not the virtual one.

Using the "Delete selected photos" option from the Action menu in the Batch Manager removes the photo reference from the database, but it leaves the photo in its physical file location. So the next time I synchronize, the file is brought back into the database and is viewable again to users.

As a work-around, I've taken to marking photos only viewable by Admins, but I'd rather just delete undesirable photos from the file structure, if possible.

I have added '$conf['never_delete_originals'] = 0;' to my LocalFiles Editor, but this only allows me to remove photos from the database, not the file structure.

I've also added the 'user delete photo' plugin, but can't figure out any setting on it that lets me do what I want.

Anyone know how to configure Piwigo to do this?

Thanks,
Joe

Piwigo version: 2.8.2
PHP version: 5.5.31
MySQL version: 5.5.25
Piwigo URL: http://crnich.dyndns.org/photos/piwigo/

#2 2016-08-31 11:01:44

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: Way to delete originals?

Hi jcrunch,

Does the unix user, owner of the web server process, has the permission to delete the file? For example, on my installation I need to give permission to user www-data on files to delete.

Board footer