Announcement

•  » Themes
  •  » Layout of Bootstrap Default and color themes of Bootstrap Darkroom

#1 2016-10-02 06:44:16

samuelt
2016-10-01

Layout of Bootstrap Default and color themes of Bootstrap Darkroom

I'm new to piwigo, it's pretty nicely done. Am I correct in thinking that there is no theme or extension specific location to post bugs? One posts to the forum like I am here?

I like the bootstrap default theme's layout. However I want a dark color scheme and I found some I like in bootstrap darkroom, which has a dependency on bootstrap default theme. But bootstrap darkroom changes the layout in ways I do not prefer. For example it doesn't seem to have a banner area which I would want on at least the front page. There is nothing recognizable on the config page to make it appear more like bootstrap default.

Am I stuck, short of coding my own solution?

#2 2016-10-02 10:11:39

teekay
2013-06-12

Re: Layout of Bootstrap Default and color themes of Bootstrap Darkroom

Hi,

if by banner you mean the jumbotron, you can enable/disable it in Bootstrap Darkroom settings.

#3 2016-10-05 21:13:44

samuelt
2016-10-01

I don't know what the jumbotron area is. By banner, I meant the header area. Many websites have a top section that has the site title and logo. For example the piwigo site has one - the grey and orange area at the top with the login search logo and site title.

#4 2016-10-05 21:31:55

teekay
2013-06-12

samuelt wrote:

I don't know what the jumbotron area is. By banner, I meant the header area. Many websites have a top section that has the site title and logo. For example the piwigo site has one - the grey and orange area at the top with the login search logo and site title.

See https://pwgdemo.kuther.net/ - the black banner is called jumbotron. You can edit its content in Administration -> Configuration -> Site header.

Last edited by teekay (2016-10-05 21:36:22)

#5 2016-10-05 21:43:24

samuelt
2016-10-01

Thanks Teekay, that's the info I was looking for. Is it hard to adjust the height of the jumbotron? It is about twice as tall as I'd like it. I prefer a compact header like that of the piwigo site, or slightly taller.

#6 2016-10-05 22:22:12

teekay
2013-06-12

samuelt wrote:

Thanks Teekay, that's the info I was looking for. Is it hard to adjust the height of the jumbotron? It is about twice as tall as I'd like it. I prefer a compact header like that of the piwigo site, or slightly taller.

You can adjust its height in Adminstration -> Themes -> Bootstrap Darkroom config -> Bootstrap Default tab -> Custom CSS. Something like:

.jumbotron {
  height: 100px;
}

#7 2016-10-05 23:43:49

samuelt
2016-10-01

Thanks again. That css does shrink the height. I'll also need to adjust some css for the site banner location (another piwigo site) but with any luck or another clue I can figure that out.

#8 2016-10-06 09:42:11

teekay
2013-06-12

samuelt wrote:

Thanks again. That css does shrink the height. I'll also need to adjust some css for the site banner location (another piwigo site) but with any luck or another clue I can figure that out.

If that other site uses bootstrap default/darkroom, too, I'd advise write a plugin that inserts the banner at a given location. Defined locations can be found in http://piwigo.org/demo/tools/triggers_list.php (search for loc_).
Or you could create a child theme.

#9 2017-02-07 14:12:55

philb
2014-07-22

samuelt wrote:

I'm new to piwigo, it's pretty nicely done. Am I correct in thinking that there is no theme or extension specific location to post bugs? One posts to the forum like I am here?

I like the bootstrap default theme's layout. However I want a dark color scheme and I found some I like in bootstrap darkroom, which has a dependency on bootstrap default theme. But bootstrap darkroom changes the layout in ways I do not prefer. For example it doesn't seem to have a banner area which I would want on at least the front page. There is nothing recognizable on the config page to make it appear more like bootstrap default.

Am I stuck, short of coding my own solution?

There won't be anything like this added to the default theme directly.

You can also just add custom CSS to theme it as-is if you prefer. You can find theme generators searching Google, e.g. https://pikock.github.io/bootstrap-magic/

•  » Themes
  •  » Layout of Bootstrap Default and color themes of Bootstrap Darkroom

Board footer