Announcement

#1 2016-09-30 20:38:57

brano
2016-09-30

New to Piwigo - question before I buy

Hi.

I've just found Piwigo and considering to buy the web hosted version, though have few questions (I've tried the trial but can't figure it out)

1) Is there a way how to tag multiple pictures at once? i.e. from thumbnail view select more than one picture and then assign a tag? ...or what would be the workflow to accomplish this shot of clicking on individual images?

2) Is there a way to make only some pictures visible to some users based on tags? Or is there a way to create new album based on tags? I could make the album visible to user then.

Thank you

#2 2016-10-02 14:24:43

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: New to Piwigo - question before I buy

Hi brano,

1) Is there a way how to tag multiple pictures at once? i.e. from thumbnail view select more than one picture and then assign a tag? ...or what would be the workflow to accomplish this shot of clicking on individual images?

On your Piwigo, page [Administration > Photos > Batch Manager], you can do exactly that action! (and others)

2) Is there a way to make only some pictures visible to some users based on tags? Or is there a way to create new album based on tags? I could make the album visible to user then.

You can't have permissions on tags, only on photos or albums. But yes, you can use plugin SmartAlbums to create an album on a tag and make this album private and granted only to a list of users (or groups of users)

If you have questions related to the hosting on Piwigo.com the best is to ask on https://piwigo.com/contact

#3 2016-10-11 16:44:04

brano
2016-09-30

Thank you, that clears things up.

One more question, does the library handle video files? With today's digital photography video files are quite common and we prefer to keep photos and videos in one place. The videos are usually short, less than 5 minutes.

#4 2016-10-15 19:58:43

erAck
Only trying to help
2015-09-06

brano wrote:

does the library handle video files?

[extension by xbgmsharp] piwigo-videojs

Running Piwigo at https://erack.net/gallery/

#5 2016-11-06 14:16:05

mmoy
France
2014-08-18

erAck wrote:

brano wrote:

does the library handle video files?

[extension by xbgmsharp] piwigo-videojs

Unfortunately, AFAIK, this extension is not available on piwigo.com (I guess this is what the OP means by "the web hosted version".

#6 2016-11-06 17:49:08

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

@mmoy, that's half-true actually :-) VideoJS and video upload is available on Piwigo.com Enterprise, but not on the basic plan for individuals. In the future, Piwigo.com may unlock this plugin for individuals, but under specific conditions (disk usage mainly)

Board footer