Announcement

#1 2016-12-05 23:41:37

crazyoda
2012-12-27

Android app

Hello,

By searching "android" here, I just found some "very" old topics. Please point me to the right place if there is already an answer or some development going on :)

I was just wondering if there is any chance to have an up-to-date Android app? I surely do love the mobile theme via the browser, but I'm sure being able to browse in an app and to be able to download photos so we can have them even offline would be very appreciated by a lot of users.

Best resgards -

Piwigo version: 2.8.3

#2 2016-12-26 01:11:34

terminus
2014-11-17

Re: Android app

crazyoda wrote:

Hello,

By searching "android" here, I just found some "very" old topics. Please point me to the right place if there is already an answer or some development going on :)

I was just wondering if there is any chance to have an up-to-date Android app? I surely do love the mobile theme via the browser, but I'm sure being able to browse in an app and to be able to download photos so we can have them even offline would be very appreciated by a lot of users.

The app that I've been using is called Piwigo Synco, but it has some real problems:

1. In the settings screen where you choose the folder to upload into, the folders are not nested, so it's hard to distinguish subfolders from parents.
2. The description is set to the word "null" rather than the value NULL.
3. The image field is set to "image.jpg" rather than to the actual image filename.
4. There is no way to set the image name or description.

So it's barely useable.  But marginally better than the official Piwigo Android app which is atrocious.

Board footer