Piwigo.org

You are not logged in. (Register / Login)

Announcement

#121 2016-09-04 22:19:03

Jessie
Member
Registered: 2016-09-04
Posts: 29

Re: [Plugin] gdThumb - Masonry style thumbs in your gallery - 1.0.20

Ok thanks a lot, I'll check with the folks in charge of Bootstrap Darktoom if it can be improved.

Offline

 

#122 2016-12-14 12:09:06

WuppiGER
Member
Location: Germany
Registered: 2016-05-31
Posts: 33
Website

Re: [Plugin] gdThumb - Masonry style thumbs in your gallery - 1.0.20

Feature-Request: deactivating @ Home & Category-Pages ... I need this feature only @Album-View ... like GThumb+.

Offline

 

#123 2017-01-01 20:38:47

Serge D
Member
Location: US
Registered: 2014-07-15
Posts: 315

Re: [Plugin] gdThumb - Masonry style thumbs in your gallery - 1.0.20

version 1.0.20 is up
+ Added "album" class to <li> elements for albums
+ Translation updates: NL

Offline

 

#124 2017-01-01 21:29:04

Serge D
Member
Location: US
Registered: 2014-07-15
Posts: 315

Re: [Plugin] gdThumb - Masonry style thumbs in your gallery - 1.0.20

abravorus wrote:

Let me join to the thanks for the great plugin and support an idea to add special icon overlay for the album thumbnails. This will allow visitors to easily understand the difference between album thumbnail and single image thumbnail. I also have a lot of albums with mix of sub-albums and images inside.

In v.1.0.20 you now able target album tiles with CSS via li.gdthumb.album
Because there are multitude of ways tile can be modified to add indicator I am not going to add icon myself at this time.
Instead you can add simple custom CSS to highlight album any suitable way it works for your theme of choice.

I hope it would satisfy your needs

Offline

 

#125 2017-01-01 21:33:37

Serge D
Member
Location: US
Registered: 2014-07-15
Posts: 315

Re: [Plugin] gdThumb - Masonry style thumbs in your gallery - 1.0.20

leonk wrote:

Rather than wait for a solution, I found it on my own  :)
...
Not sure why we're saying "Image " followed by the ID of the picture, rather than the name of it.

This is normal behavior of the plugin
In plugin settings look for "Normalize Photo Title" option
For your scenario select "Do not normalize". This would disable name substitution which otherwise hides file name

Offline

 

#126 2017-01-02 16:21:13

eliz82
Member
Location: Romania
Registered: 2016-04-27
Posts: 163
Website

Re: [Plugin] gdThumb - Masonry style thumbs in your gallery - 1.0.20

Serge D wrote:

In v.1.0.20 you now able target album tiles with CSS via li.gdthumb.album

nice future, i already implemented this in my gallery half a year ago.
http://piwigo.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p … 93#p163193

have you fixed gdThumb incompatibility with plugin PWG stuff?
I have reported the problem here: http://piwigo.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p … 95#p163495

Offline

 

#127 2017-01-03 18:51:23

Serge D
Member
Location: US
Registered: 2014-07-15
Posts: 315

Re: [Plugin] gdThumb - Masonry style thumbs in your gallery - 1.0.20

eliz82 wrote:

Serge D wrote:

In v.1.0.20 you now able target album tiles with CSS via li.gdthumb.album

nice future, i already implemented this in my gallery half a year ago.
http://piwigo.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p … 93#p163193

yes, we were launching new product and there were no time to spend on the improving the theme

eliz82 wrote:

have you fixed gdThumb incompatibility with plugin PWG stuff?
I have reported the problem here: http://piwigo.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p … 95#p163495

I am still not sure if it need to be done on my end.
Pending...

Offline

 

#128 2017-01-04 13:31:12

eliz82
Member
Location: Romania
Registered: 2016-04-27
Posts: 163
Website

Re: [Plugin] gdThumb - Masonry style thumbs in your gallery - 1.0.20

Serge D wrote:

I am not sure how to tackle this yet. We have two plugins which manipulate page content and it is depend on settings you are using. So to start, please include options for both PWGStuff and GDthumb along with the theme you are using so I can simulate your environment.

Ok, I have moved the discussion here.

First time when I discovered the problem I think I used: Piwigo 2.7.4 , theme Greydragon 1.2.27 , plugin GDthumb 1.0.19 , plugin PWG stuff 2.8.a , PHP 5.6.x ;
Now I tested again on: Piwigo 2.9.0 beta 1, theme Elegant (default), plugin GDthumb 1.0.20 (default settings) , plugin PWG stuff 2.8.a , PHP 5.6.x ;

How to reproduce?
Just go to PWG stuff settings and add a block with most recent pictures under the main block (see print screen).

Problem:
The latest images seems to be moved to their normal position into another position in the page. Also the GDthumb labels of the albums seems aligned from center to the left.
more: http://piwigo.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p … 95#p163495

Some hints about the problem:
http://piwigo.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p … 97#p163497

Serge D wrote:

I am still not sure if it need to be done on my end.
Pending...

I'm not sure also if you or PWG stuff autor (Plg) should fix ... maybe both. If you ask me would be a good practice for developers to not use common names (in your case DOM element ID name). It's not first time when this kind of problems appear to Piwigo , external authentication future is not working from the same reason (Piwigo use some very common table names of the database that are conflicting with other software http://piwigo.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p … 16#p164316 ).

But until someone fix this plugins conflict maybe it's a good idea to put in the plugins description that this two plugins are not fully compatible. Don't let users waste time trying to figure what is happening.


Uploaded Images

Last edited by eliz82 (2017-01-04 14:20:17)

Offline

 

#129 2017-01-05 04:36:45

Serge D
Member
Location: US
Registered: 2014-07-15
Posts: 315

Re: [Plugin] gdThumb - Masonry style thumbs in your gallery - 1.0.20

Thank you for compiling it all into one comment

Few things
1) two plugins may be fundamentally incompatible as gdThumb replaces <div ... id="thumbnails" ...> with <ul id="thumbnails"> i.e. div -> ul
2) when you renamed #thumbnails to something else you lost functionality of gdThumb as plugin relies on specific DOM model
3) I did try simply add PWG Stuff and block in question to my site and nothing happen to my pages
4) judging from code snippet you posted in other thread block injection is not very "friendly" in the first place and I doubt two plugins would coexist. Even more, most likely use with GD Theme would be even more dangerous

Bottom line, it is hard to debug your scenario as my site would simply not accept the PWG Stuff plugin. I will try to make few more attempts to see how to make block even appear but for that I have to familiarize myself with how page content injection is done by the PS plugin

Offline

 

#130 2017-01-05 08:35:26

eliz82
Member
Location: Romania
Registered: 2016-04-27
Posts: 163
Website

Re: [Plugin] gdThumb - Masonry style thumbs in your gallery - 1.0.20

Serge D wrote:

1) two plugins may be fundamentally incompatible as gdThumb replaces <div ... id="thumbnails" ...> with <ul id="thumbnails"> i.e. div -> ul
2) when you renamed #thumbnails to something else you lost functionality of gdThumb as plugin relies on specific DOM model

if I remember well this plugin
http://piwigo.org/ext/extension_view.php?eid=591
did not had any compatibility issues with PWG stuff plugin. but i would preferred to use yours because is also apply on albums not only on pictures and have some options.

Serge D wrote:

3) I did try simply add PWG Stuff and block in question to my site and nothing happen to my pages

try to not check "Only display images from the recent period" , maybe you didn't upload pictures recently and then maybe the block is empty.

Serge D wrote:

it is hard to debug your scenario as my site would simply not accept the PWG Stuff plugin.

i don't understand what you mean by "not accept".
maybe PWG stuff is not compatible with php 7.1 ? but you should see some kind of php errors then.

p.s.    well at least thank you for trying. i have reported at least 10 bugs since i'm on the piwigo forum and you seems to be the only one that responded to me. for me as a Gallery2 user i'm not used to see so many bugs.

Offline

 

#131 2017-01-05 09:18:54

eliz82
Member
Location: Romania
Registered: 2016-04-27
Posts: 163
Website

Re: [Plugin] gdThumb - Masonry style thumbs in your gallery - 1.0.20

I just tested http://piwigo.org/ext/extension_view.php?eid=591
It also has a little bug identical with your plugin, is moving the gthumb image captions from center to the left.
But at least is not moving the pictures from the "PWG stuff" block into the Piwigo pictures/albums. This is the main bug.


Uploaded Images

Last edited by eliz82 (2017-01-05 11:27:14)

Offline

 

#132 2017-01-06 19:31:22

Serge D
Member
Location: US
Registered: 2014-07-15
Posts: 315

Re: [Plugin] gdThumb - Masonry style thumbs in your gallery - 1.0.20

eliz82 wrote:

Serge D wrote:

1) two plugins may be fundamentally incompatible as gdThumb replaces <div ... id="thumbnails" ...> with <ul id="thumbnails"> i.e. div -> ul
2) when you renamed #thumbnails to something else you lost functionality of gdThumb as plugin relies on specific DOM model

if I remember well this plugin
http://piwigo.org/ext/extension_view.php?eid=591
did not had any compatibility issues with PWG stuff plugin. but i would preferred to use yours because is also apply on albums not only on pictures and have some options.

Two different plugins with different approach. it may have been mistake on my part to go different way, but it is what it is

eliz82 wrote:

Serge D wrote:

3) I did try simply add PWG Stuff and block in question to my site and nothing happen to my pages

try to not check "Only display images from the recent period" , maybe you didn't upload pictures recently and then maybe the block is empty.

Serge D wrote:

it is hard to debug your scenario as my site would simply not accept the PWG Stuff plugin.

i don't understand what you mean by "not accept".

Will try your suggestion. When I said my site not "accepting" it I meant that after enabling plugin and doing your steps no new stuff appeared on my site. But it did not break it either :)

eliz82 wrote:

p.s.    well at least thank you for trying. i have reported at least 10 bugs since i'm on the piwigo forum and you seems to be the only one that responded to me. for me as a Gallery2 user i'm not used to see so many bugs.

While I appreciate the nod, it may not be fair statement to the guys. You posted 112 times in over 30 threads. One which you initiated either Pierrick or some other community member did reply with the help. This is very tight community and considering holidays people may not be as active following all the threads. This was true for Gallery 2/3 in the past as well when it was alive.
Pierrick and folks from core team did push few critical fixes recently and are working on 2.9.x
So you cannot say that there is no help

PS: I, on another hand, was away for almost a year :)

Offline

 

#133 2017-01-06 19:49:43

Serge D
Member
Location: US
Registered: 2014-07-15
Posts: 315

Re: [Plugin] gdThumb - Masonry style thumbs in your gallery - 1.0.20

eliz82 wrote:

I just tested http://piwigo.org/ext/extension_view.php?eid=591
It also has a little bug identical with your plugin, is moving the gthumb image captions from center to the left.

moving captions to the left is by design
you can override it with simple CSS - GD theme allows it via settings, or you can do it directly for any theme http://piwigo.org/doc/doku.php?id=user_ … q:css_code

eliz82 wrote:

But at least is not moving the pictures from the "PWG stuff" block into the Piwigo pictures/albums. This is the main bug.

Ah-ha!!! this is what I may have missed
so lets clarify it further
you have main gallery content tiled, but you want to keep recent as they are?
or you would expect both sections properly tiled but remain independent

Also, could you post screenshot of settings as they set for gdThumb please

Last edited by Serge D (2017-01-06 19:51:09)

Offline

 

#134 2017-01-07 08:07:55

volkskamera
Member
Registered: 2016-12-24
Posts: 12

Re: [Plugin] gdThumb - Masonry style thumbs in your gallery - 1.0.20

Hi,

maybe it's documented elswhere and i cannot find it, but is it possible to disable the grid view for the front page?

I would like to have masonry on my album pages, but not there. Would be easier for visitors if they find a clean view at the front door.

Thanks Uwe

Offline

 

#135 2017-01-07 11:04:57

eliz82
Member
Location: Romania
Registered: 2016-04-27
Posts: 163
Website

Re: [Plugin] gdThumb - Masonry style thumbs in your gallery - 1.0.20

Serge D wrote:

While I appreciate the nod, it may not be fair statement to the guys. You posted 112 times in over 30 threads. One which you initiated either Pierrick or some other community member did reply with the help.

I also posted some of the issues to github with the same result like on the forum ... nobody responded. At least I expect from core or plugin authors to try to reproduce and respond by confirming or not confirming the bugs.

Serge D wrote:

Pierrick and folks from core team did push few critical fixes recently and are working on 2.9.x

depends what you mean by "critical". for me the fact that the multiuser part of this software is simply not working
[Github] Piwigo-community issue #20
[Github] Piwigo-community issue #15
and I cannot use this software to build a community is ... "critical".

sorry for the offtopic.

Serge D wrote:

moving captions to the left is by design

:) that moving to the left of captions only appear when PWG stuff is activated, this is not normal behavior for Gdthumb or Gthumb+. PWG stuff block has nothing to do with the masonry style of thumbnails (Gdtumb or Gthumb+), it should not affect them.
Of course is a CSS problem, i fixed 6 months ago :) but this kind of problems and conflicts between the plugins should be fixed officially not by every user to write custom CSS.

Serge D wrote:

you have main gallery content tiled, but you want to keep recent as they are?
or you would expect both sections properly tiled but remain independent
...
Also, could you post screenshot of settings as they set for gdThumb please

I expect PWG stuff plugin to work like it's working when Gdthumb plugin is not activated :) .  Just deactivate the Gdthumb plugin and see how PWG stuff plugin default behavior is. Simply be able to put a block with the most recent pictures under the gallery. When Gdthumb is activated the behavior and formatting of PWG stuff block should remain the same.

I already written the previous posts Gdthumb with the default settings. I installed, activated and that is all, i didn't even clicked to see the the options.

Last edited by eliz82 (2017-01-07 11:08:14)

Offline

 

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

github twitter facebook google+ newsletter Donate Piwigo.org © 2002-2017 · Contact