Piwigo.org

You are not logged in. (Register / Login)

Announcement

#1 2017-01-19 20:23:39

BobDeming

Can't connect to database in new installation

Hello/Hi/Greetings,

I am trying to port a perfectly running Piwigo program and database to new host.  When I attempt to initiate the program,  I get the following warnings:

Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/filmpa5/public_html/Gallery2/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 67

Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): (HY000/2002): Connection refused in /home/filmpa5/public_html/Gallery2/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 67

Warning: my_error(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/filmpa5/public_html/Gallery2/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 837

Warning: my_error(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/filmpa5/public_html/Gallery2/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 837

Warning: my_error(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/filmpa5/public_html/Gallery2/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 837

Warning: my_error(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/filmpa5/public_html/Gallery2/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 837
Piwigo encountered a non recoverable error
[mysql error ]
Can't connect to server

#1    my_error /home/filmpa5/public_html/Gallery2/include/common.inc.php(121)
#2    include_once /home/filmpa5/public_html/Gallery2/index.php(26)

I have tried with two versions of the program, 2.8.5 and an earlier version, and get the same messages.  I have tried installing a "php.ini" file including a "date.timezone" element in the directory with the program, and it has no effect.  I have tried an earlier version of the Piwigo program with a different "index.php" module, and had no effect not even the line number "26".

I will greatly appreciate any suggestion of what is wrong or what I should try next.

Thank you,

Piwigo version:2.8.5
PHP version: 5.3.29
MySQL version: 5.6.32-78.1
Piwigo URL: http://ecbiz156.inmotionhosting.com/~filmpa5/index.htm

#2 2017-01-19 20:30:12

teekay

Re: Can't connect to database in new installation

The php.ini needs to go into the directory your hosting provider's documentation says it needs to go. I guess the Piwigo folder (named Gallery2 in your case) is the wrong place, but that's just a guess.

EDIT: http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/ … p-settings -> "Modifying the PHP.INI file"

Last edited by teekay (2017-01-19 20:32:58)

#3 2017-01-20 09:49:22

flop25
Piwigo Team
Website

Re: Can't connect to database in new installation

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

Board footer