Announcement

•  » Requests
  •  » Album permissions - setup for non-admin users

#1 2017-01-28 23:02:20

gino909
2017-01-28

Album permissions - setup for non-admin users

Hello

I am searching for a functionality to give standard users the ability to share albums with other registered users.
In my environment all albums are set as private albums, so only the owner can see his albums.
In the moment only the admin user can give access to a user to multiple private albums. My wish is to have a
small permissions administration interface which is accessible for standard users. Here the user can add other users to a certain album.

Example: User A creates new album, this is a private album. User A decides that user B should also see this album. So he goes to the permission administration and add the user to the album.

Please let me know if a functionality like this is planned and possible to integrate.

Thank you

Piwigo version: 2.8.6
PHP version:
MySQL version:
Piwigo URL: http://

#2 2017-08-16 16:29:15

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: Album permissions - setup for non-admin users

Hi gino909,

These feature, related to Community plugin, is not really planned for now. Permissions is quite a complex piece of Piwigo (because it is very flexible) and giving the ability to non-admin users to manage permissions is not really what Piwigo was designed for.

For example, albums do not belong to a user. So how could Piwigo know which non-admin user has the right to manage its permissions...

•  » Requests
  •  » Album permissions - setup for non-admin users

Board footer