Announcement

#1 2017-01-30 14:17:26

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Piwigo 2.9.0beta2

Hello beta-testers :-)

Here comes the second beta version for Piwigo 2.9. As usual with beta version and upcoming "release candidates", this release is for test only, so don't install it on your live website.

1) Changes

To learn more about new features of Piwigo 2.9, you can read the previous announcement announcement for 2.9.0beta1.

Here is the list of changes compared to Piwigo 2.9.0beta1. First the changes for users:

* new dashboard items are now linked to appropriate administration pages
* better colors for watermark administration on dark admin theme
* page [Administration > Configuration > Options > Guest settings] is now hidden
* batch manager, delete photos by blocks
* batch manager, delete orphans by blocks
* a few more icons on batch manager
* by default history opens on current month stats

... and then more "technical" changes:

* new method pwg.images.deleteOrphans

Full list available on Github

2) Screenshots

http://piwigo.org/screenshots/piwigo-2.9-delete-orphans.gif

Deleting thousands of photos at once might not work, so we have implemented a deletion by blocks.

http://piwigo.org/screenshots/piwigo-2.9-batch-manager-delete-progress.png

.. and we also implemented an equivalent for "any photos", not only orphans!

3) Start to beta test

Download Piwigo 2.9.0beta2

If you can't install it but want to test it, just ask and we will happily provide a testing installation.

Please, open a new topic in the beta testing forum for each problem you may encounter.

The beta-testing continues and we still need your feedbacks :-) Beta-test installations hosted on piwigo.us/beta have already been updated.

Happy beta-testing :-)

#2 2017-01-31 03:39:01

windracer
St. Pete, FL
2014-12-28

Re: Piwigo 2.9.0beta2

Giving it a shot (clean install). Might actually learn how virtual albums work since everything I do now in 2.8 is physical synchronization.

The only thing I've noticed so far is that the Tour plugin still refers to the "caddie" and it looks like this has been renamed to "basket" in 2.9.

I'll continue to play around!

#3 2017-02-06 23:03:49

windracer
St. Pete, FL
2014-12-28

Re: Piwigo 2.9.0beta2

windracer wrote:

The only thing I've noticed so far is that the Tour plugin still refers to the "caddie" and it looks like this has been renamed to "basket" in 2.9.

Hmmm ... now I'm seeing "caddie" again. Strange.

Board footer