Announcement

•  » Themes
  •  » How to keep aspect ratio in mobile theme(s) thumbnails?

#1 2017-02-13 08:26:39

moose
Upper Bavaria, Germany
2013-01-03

How to keep aspect ratio in mobile theme(s) thumbnails?

Hi folks,

I moved my Gallery3 website to Piwigo a few days ago and I'm deeply impressed how easy this process works!

Free according to the motto "mobile first" I tested several RWD themes. But, sadly all I tested build the thumbnail images for albums in sqaure format.

In my galley I've two kinds of images only: really square photos (6x6 format) and panoramic photos 1x3 ... 1x5.

But, when all photos are 'reduced' to a sqare format in thumbnails the visitor has no chance to see which photos are square and which one are panoramic in bigger resolution.

So I'm looking for a theme which allows me to keep the aspect ratio in every used image sizes, i.e. from thumbnail over preview, view up to slideshow.

Do you know a themes which can do this by default or where is a 'switch' implemented to enforce this behaviour?

Please know I'm not a CSS,  js or php  guru to programm this feature myself. And I want to keep the theme itself 'upgrade stable' which means I don't want to repeat all settings on each theme upgrade.

Any idea how to perform this? Or which theme comes most closely to my requirements?

Many thanks in advance,

moose

Last edited by moose (2017-02-13 08:30:37)

#2 2017-02-13 09:40:26

teekay
2013-06-12

Re: How to keep aspect ratio in mobile theme(s) thumbnails?

A combination of any mobile-ready bootstrap theme together with GDThumb or GThumb+ plugin could come closest to your requirement.

Both plugins create a masonry-style thumbnail view which doesn't tamper much with the aspect ratio IF you configure it to scale the image instead of cropping it (default is to crop the images).

#3 2017-02-13 19:00:17

moose
Upper Bavaria, Germany
2013-01-03

Re: How to keep aspect ratio in mobile theme(s) thumbnails?

Hi teekay,

thanks for your hint - it works like a charme!

I'm using Bootstrap darkroom theme with GDThumb and RV Thumbnail Scroller.

Have a look at my first test screenshot.

Greetinx,

moose

•  » Themes
  •  » How to keep aspect ratio in mobile theme(s) thumbnails?

Board footer