Announcement

#1 2017-02-19 11:05:10

moose
Upper Bavaria, Germany
2013-01-03

4 topics: language switching, jumbotron, copyright note, mail form

Hi folks,

I'm on the move from Gallery 3 to pigwigo 2.8.6.

Currently I'm running a test/dev page on a separated VM until all things are working in a way I like it.

For some requirements I found solutions by myself or with some help of you guys here on this forum. Have al look at the attached photo and please an compare it with the old and currently still running Gallery 3 page: www.pix-bavaria.de

But, a few points are open and I'd like to ask for your assistance again.

1. language switching

I registered to different domains for my gallery, one .de and one .com.

If the guests are choosing the .de domain in their browsers they should see German dialogues everywhere, i.e. in the menu description, in the Jumbotron message, in album titles, in photo titles, and so on.

If they choose the .com domain they should see English titles/messages.

And if the click on the related country flag the text should appear in the related language.

2. Jumbotron appearance

I'd like to present a greeting message in Jumbotron only o start page. I'm using Bootstrap Darkroom theme and in it's configuration menu you can just switch it on or off, but not enable it for start page only. How to change this behavior?

Or is there a way to show a text on startpage only without using Jumbotron feature from the Bootstrap Darkroom theme?

3. Copyright note

I' like to add a copyright sign or string to the menu on top. If selected, it should display a note with my Creative Commons License note. On my old Gallery 3 I show this hint on startpage but when doing so now on mobile devices the visitors sees text only on startpage. But, she/he should see photos! So I'd like to move this message to a selcetable option in the menu on top. But, how can I perform this menu and side enhancement?

4. Mail form with captcha

I'd like to offer an option to send mails to the (web)admin for any (not logged in) user. Ideally with a mail form (avoiding to show webadmin's mail address) and captcha secured. Any idea how to perform this? Currently a mail link (mailto:...) is presented in the footer only when being logged in as admin.

These 4 topics are the main goals I'm working on at the moment. Any help/hint/suggestion/tip from you more experienced guys here in the piwigo forum would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance and greetinx

moose

#2 2017-02-19 20:52:40

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Re: 4 topics: language switching, jumbotron, copyright note, mail form

moose wrote:

1. language switching

I registered to different domains for my gallery, one .de and one .com.

If the guests are choosing the .de domain in their browsers they should see German dialogues everywhere, i.e. in the menu description, in the Jumbotron message, in album titles, in photo titles, and so on.

If they choose the .com domain they should see English titles/messages.

And if the click on the related country flag the text should appear in the related language.

Hi :-)

You can active [extension by Piwigo Team] Language Switch for change language

you can active [extension by Piwigo Team] Extended Description for add description, photo name , ... DE and EN

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#3 2017-02-19 20:58:16

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

moose wrote:

2. Jumbotron appearance

I'd like to present a greeting message in Jumbotron only o start page. I'm using Bootstrap Darkroom theme and in it's configuration menu you can just switch it on or off, but not enable it for start page only. How to change this behavior?

Or is there a way to show a text on startpage only without using Jumbotron feature from the Bootstrap Darkroom theme?

You can active [extension by plg] PWG Stuffs for add personal bloc on home page

[extension by P@t] Additional Pages for make autonome home page

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#4 2017-02-19 21:11:09

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

moose wrote:

3. Copyright note

I' like to add a copyright sign or string to the menu on top. If selected, it should display a note with my Creative Commons License note. On my old Gallery 3 I show this hint on startpage but when doing so now on mobile devices the visitors sees text only on startpage. But, she/he should see photos! So I'd like to move this message to a selcetable option in the menu on top. But, how can I perform this menu and side enhancement?

You can see [extension by grum] Advanced Menu Manager for add information on menu

#5 2017-02-19 21:13:13

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

moose wrote:

4. Mail form with captcha

I'd like to offer an option to send mails to the (web)admin for any (not logged in) user. Ideally with a mail form (avoiding to show webadmin's mail address) and captcha secured. Any idea how to perform this? Currently a mail link (mailto:...) is presented in the footer only when being logged in as admin.

You can activate [extension by Piwigo Team] ContactForm

and [extension by mistic100] Crypto Captcha or [extension by mistic100] Easy Captcha

#6 2017-02-19 21:13:51

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

It's better to create 1 topic by idea ;-)

#7 2017-02-20 08:57:00

moose
Upper Bavaria, Germany
2013-01-03

Hi Piwigo Team,

thanks so much for your answers! I'm very glad to see them in such a short time!

ddtddt wrote:

It's better to create 1 topic by idea ;-)

Oh, sorry, you are totally right! I was so engrossed in thought when fomulating my questions that I didn't take care about this. Next time I'll ask each topic in an unique post.

Greetinx

moose

Board footer