Announcement

#1 2017-05-09 04:34:39

dragonflytree
2017-04-28

Not showing pictures and thumbnails for tiff files

Hello,

I have Piwigo installed on Ubuntu server 16.04 and am having trouble getting it to show thumbnails or anything for tiff files. It seems to work fine for jpg. I did not have image magic installed so I installed that and added the lines to the configuration file shown at http://piwigo.org/doc/doku.php?id=user_ … es_missing as shown bellow. But I am not sure I have that configured right. Is there any way to see if Piwigo is finding image magic? Is image magic required to support tiff files? What is the library file name that image magic is looking for? What is the difference between 'imagick' and 'ext_imagick'? I am not sure what one I am suppose to be using. I am putting pictures in the galleries directory so I synchronized everything again but that did not seem to help.

Thanks for your help.

Piwigo version: 2.8.5
PHP version: PHP 7.0.15-0ubuntu0.16.04.4 (cli) ( NTS )
MySQL version: mysql  Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.7.18, for Linux (x86_64) using  EditLine wrapper
Piwigo URL: 192.168.0.xxx (sorry you cannot get to it.)

<?php

/* The file does not exist until some information is entered
below. Once information is entered and saved, the file will be created. */

//$conf['guest_access'] = false;
//$conf['newcat_default_status'] = 'private';

// Library used for image resizing. Value could be 'auto', 'imagick',
// 'ext_imagick' or 'gd'. If value is 'auto', library will be choosen in this
// order. If choosen library is not available, another one will be picked up.
$conf['graphics_library'] = 'ext_imagick';
// If library used is external installation of ImageMagick ('ext_imagick'),
// you can define imagemagick directory.
$conf['ext_imagick_dir'] = '/usr/bin/'; //'/usr/local/bin/';//change with own path!

?>

#2 2017-05-09 06:15:46

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Re: Not showing pictures and thumbnails for tiff files

Hi :-)

// picture_ext : file extensions for picture file, must be a subset of
// file_ext
$conf['picture_ext'] = array('jpg','JPG','jpeg','JPEG','png','PNG','gif','GIF');

// file_ext : file extensions (case sensitive) authorized
$conf['file_ext'] = array_merge(
  $conf['picture_ext'],
  array('tiff', 'tif', 'mpg','zip','avi','mp3','ogg','pdf')
  );

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#3 2017-05-10 05:05:56

dragonflytree
2017-04-28

I am not clear on what I am suppose to do with the above code, but I put the given lines in my local/config/config.inc.php in Local Files editor. However, it still did not work, so downloaded a imagemagick rpm package and looked at the files in it. Then I searched my system and was not able to find similar files on my server so I went back and reviewed all the files installed by the php-imagick package and its dependencies and finally decided that had not installed what I was looking for. So I installed imagemagick and its dependencies. That gave me the files like "convert", "composite", and so on. But I am still not sure if that is the files Piwigo is looking for. So I still do not know if Piwigo is finding and using imagemagick and if that is what is required to make thumbnails for tiff files work. In any case it is still not working.

Thanks for your help. Any thing else I can try?

#4 2017-05-10 06:17:09

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Hi :-)

My first post is default, you must update with your choise for your site

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#5 2017-05-10 22:36:33

dragonflytree
2017-04-28

As far as I can tell the defaults are good for me, but of course, I am just guessing as to what they are doing.

Board footer