Announcement

#1 2017-05-01 11:24:46

Willem_H
2017-03-30

RV Maps & Earth and BootsTrap DarkRoom

Hello/Hi/Greetings,

The combination of plug-in RV Maps & Earth and theme BootsTrap DarkRoom results in a strange behaviour when viewing pictures.

When GPS data is available in the picture metadata. the earth button is not shown and the other buttons are shown in two lines.
When the map is shown, some buttons apear in the top and bottom corner, but none of them responds.

Difficult to explain further, so I have added a few screen print sections:

Is this a Darkroom issue or a RV Maps issue?

Piwigo version: 2.8.6
PHP version: 5.6.29
MySQL version: 5.1.73
Piwigo URL: http:// local NAS, not available

Last edited by Willem_H (2017-05-01 11:29:23)

#2 2017-07-28 06:13:20

Ferg
2017-07-25

Re: RV Maps & Earth and BootsTrap DarkRoom

I'm seeing the same behavior!

Using the Firefox inspector I can see they're clearly not playing by the same rules in how to get the map icon onto the navbar. The other icons show up as <li> elements with a glyphicon class <span>. The map is a naked <a> element with a pwg-icon/pwg-icon-map class <span> that's not producing anything. It might be possible to redefine these classes in a more useful way, but I suspect the lack of the <li> element may bugger up the formatting anyway. I'm very new to Piwigo and only just stumbling my way through the muck.

As a temporary workaround I've added the following to the bootstrap darkroom Custom CSS:

.pwg-button-text {
  display: inline;
}

This causes the 'Map' text to show up as a placeholder for the button so you can play with the functionality while the problem gets resolved. But almost three months later and no response, so that may be a while!

#3 2017-07-28 06:40:31

Ferg
2017-07-25

I tried replacing my previous Bootstrap Custom CSS workaround with the following, borrowed from the Elegant theme:

.pwg-icon-map {
    background-position: 0 -156px;
}

.pwg-icon {
    display: inline-block;
    text-indent: -9999px;
    overflow: hidden;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    width: 26px;
    height: 26px;
    background-image: url(/piwigo/themes/elegant/icon/icons_sprite.png);
    vertical-align: bottom;
}

The formatting is indeed still screwed up, but at least there's a usable map icon there, FWIW!

Notice: Undefined offset: 5 in /var/www/piwigo.org/forum/include/parser.php on line 551

#4 2017-07-28 09:35:06

teekay
2013-06-12

I guess for the button a jQuery hack is required like one of those in [Github] piwigo-bootstrap-darkroom file template/_plugin_fixes_js.tpl -  e.g. download_by_size plugin.

Basically it turns the switchbox thing into a bootstrap button/dropdown.

Last edited by teekay (2017-07-28 09:35:35)

#5 2017-07-28 10:44:48

teekay
2013-06-12

I added basic support for that Plugin. See [Github] piwigo-bootstrap-darkroom commit 2a805a63 for required changes.

Needs some more work, though.

#6 2017-07-28 15:42:18

rvelices
Former Piwigo Team
2005-12-29

Hello,
Compatibility between any combination of plugin and theme is not guaranteed. If someone tells me the right css to put for bootstrap theme, I will do it for the plugin.

#7 2017-07-28 21:32:49

teekay
2013-06-12

Hi rvelices,
it's more an issue with DOM than CSS. The buttons in the navbar in bootstrap need to be list elements (li). The picture_content needs some changes, too. See the link to the commit above.

It's common across most plugins that add menubar buttons. I just use jQuery voodoo to make it work. No big deal.

#8 2017-07-31 10:32:48

rvelices
Former Piwigo Team
2005-12-29

teekay wrote:

Hi rvelices,
it's more an issue with DOM than CSS. The buttons in the navbar in bootstrap need to be list elements (li). The picture_content needs some changes, too. See the link to the commit above.

It's common across most plugins that add menubar buttons. I just use jQuery voodoo to make it work. No big deal.

Well that changes are a lot more that what I had in mind as CSS ... Obviously bootstrap theme follow a different DOM structure as base piwigo themes...

Board footer