Announcement

#1 2017-08-03 10:40:28

snert
2017-08-02

Getting started

Hi,

I've installed Piwigo on my Raspberry pi using apt-get. It has installed and the default package is 2.3.1. The mySQL database is there and running. If I hit the internal URL for the piwigo site http://mypiserver/piwigo it redirects instantly to http://mypiserver/piwigo/upgrade.php and all I can see is the following message:

No upgrade required, the database structure is up to date

No matter what page I hit, it redirects to that page. Any ideas how to get this started? The pi is running in headless mode and I connect to it via ssh.

Thanks,

Piwigo version: 2.3.1
PHP version: 5.6
MySQL version: 5.5
Piwigo URL: http://

#2 2017-08-03 14:29:42

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Re: Getting started

Hi :-)

Piwigo is 2.9.1 today, I thinks it's better install piwigo with last release

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#3 2017-08-03 16:36:41

snert
2017-08-02

I downloaded the net installer. Finally got it to run. It ran. It complained that all the existing tables were there. It seemed to complete. Then when I went to start, it complained that a column didn't exist in a table.

So, I ran apt-get remove --purge piwigo to get rid of what I have. I reinstalled using apt which put me back on 2.3.1 and thought I'd go through the net installer again. Only this time the package installed but now I can't get it to run.

Is there any reason why Piwigo isn't available in the latest release as a Debian package?

#4 2017-08-04 06:25:16

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

snert wrote:

Is there any reason why Piwigo isn't available in the latest release as a Debian package?

no people to take care of this

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#5 2017-08-04 10:24:02

snert
2017-08-02

Ok, fair enough.

I have completely removed the piwigo package from my machine.

I'm starting the net install. I've got the script to run. I get to the page where it asks for the database configuration and the administration configuration.

In the db config, it says: user login supplied by your host provider

Which user is this? I am hosting my own page on my own server. Is this the user that logs into mySQL? If so, I haven't created any. Is it a local user on the server?

Then it asks for the admin user and it says: It will be shown to visitors. It is necessary for website administration

I assume this is the login for the website once it is running so I can administer piwigo. I would imagine that this login is stored in the mySQL database?

#6 2017-08-04 10:29:19

snert
2017-08-02

I forgot to say, I follwed the guide at:

http://piwigo.org/basics/installation_netinstall

It says that the user name for the database connection is: "Fill in MySQL database connection settings, as given by your web hosting provider"

I only have one user in mySQL at the moment and that is the root user. I would rather not use that one, but I tried anyway and got this:

"Connection to server successful, but the connection to the database was not possible."

#7 2017-08-05 06:28:22

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Have you create database ?

before install piwigo you must connect database, create database and user for this database

#8 2017-08-05 10:23:01

snert
2017-08-02

No. That might be it :) I was used to the deb package installer doing that. I thought the net installer also did it. I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers :)

#9 2017-08-07 11:13:22

snert
2017-08-02

Well, after creating the db and user and setting the permissions, I got it installed. Taken the tour and it looks pretty amazing so far. I'll have a play and then I'll probably have some questions :)

Thanks for the help.

Board footer