Piwigo.org

You are not logged in. (Register / Login)

Announcement

#1 2017-08-16 00:59:52

cgcarter

Issue with add_event_handler('login_success', 'show_popup');

Hi Everyone,

I added some html to my theme's index.tpl:

<div id='abc'>
    <h2>Welcome to my site</h2>
    <p>Hello, welcome to my website.</p>
</div>

I have some CSS in the local files editor:

#abc {
  display: none;
}

Now here's the problem:In the PersonPlugin main.inc.php, I add this code and it does not work.  After login, it does not show the div.  The funny thing is that if I use 'init' instead of 'login_success', it works.:

add_event_handler('init', 'show_popup');
function show_popup() {

global $template;

$script_content = <<<EOT

document.getElementById('abc').style.display = "block";

EOT;
$template->block_footer_script(array('require' => 'jquery'), $script_content);
}

But I really need to show this popup after a login.  Any ideas about why this isn't working? 

Thanks in advance,
-Chris

Piwigo version: 2.9.1
PHP version: 5.6.30
MySQL version: 5.5.51-38.2

#2 2017-08-16 09:40:18

cgcarter

Re: Issue with add_event_handler('login_success', 'show_popup');

Hi all,

So, I resolved this issue, but not by getting 'login_success' to work.  I actually moved everything into what has become a rudimentary new plugin.  After doing this, I still tried to get 'login_success' to work, but no dice.  So I caught the event that signals the end of the index page load, and then tested to see if the $user[user_name] != 'guest', meaning someone is logged in.  This was sufficient to get the popup to present right after a login.  So I consider the issue fixed.

I also figured out how to do that preg_replace business so I could inject the HTML for this popup, rather than having it in the index.tpl already, which is obviously an imperative concept.  I mention it cuz I was having issue with it a few days ago in my other post.

So now on to the fun stuff - I need to hook this thing into the database.  Lol, here we go...

#3 2017-08-16 10:43:35

plg
Piwigo Team
Website

Re: Issue with add_event_handler('login_success', 'show_popup');

Hi cgcarter,

cgcarter wrote:

So I caught the event that signals the end of the index page load, and then tested to see if the $user[user_name] != 'guest', meaning someone is logged in.

But ths problem here is that you logged in visitor will always see it, not only when they successfully logged in :-/

cgcarter wrote:

So now on to the fun stuff - I need to hook this thing into the database.  Lol, here we go...

The plugins have database connection. You just have to perform SQL queries if you need some.

Latest blog post (March 23th 2017) Piwigo.com Enterprise plans, now official!

Board footer