#1 2017-09-08 02:49:03

DroneVU Studios

Heavily Integrated Piwigo - 301 Redirection Problem

I have heavily customized Piwigo to match my website and it works fine but recently I was testing the site for SEO improvements and one of the errors it gave me was that the Piwigo gallery is sending a 301 redirect each time a user clicks a link to it.

The main site is and I created the gallery off of the root URL. All of the navigation links within the site point to the gallery using the URL, is there something I need to do within the Piwigo files to prevent a 301 redirect from occurring? It does not seem to impact the users but I would like to fix this issue.

Piwigo version: 2.9.1
PHP version: 5.4.45
MySQL version: 5.6.36-cll-lve
Piwigo URL: http://

#2 2017-09-09 00:39:03

Re: Heavily Integrated Piwigo - 301 Redirection Problem

If you use Apache web server, check your hierarchical .htaccess files for occurrences of Redirect permanent, RedirectPermanent, RedirectMatch permanent or similar that match your gallery's URL-path.

Another possibility (it's not that clear from your description what "each time a user clicks a link to it" actually means) could be that the link is but the actual destination is the directory which causes an internal 301 from the web server.

Last edited by erAck (2017-09-09 01:07:56)

Board footer