Announcement

#1 2017-09-18 18:09:52

divedj
2017-09-05

[resolved] Piwigo 2.8.6 to 2.9.1 upgrade Guide Step 7

Hello/Hi/Greetings,

It's me again being stuck with the upgrade. What all worked like a charm on my backup server, transferring the website to the production server, I get stuck at step 7 of the manual upgrade guide.
I come up to the part where I have to login to perform the actual upgrade. Short brake and where there is supposed the page is coming up, stating the upgrade status, I get now a blank page with the Piwigo logo on top.

Any helpful ideas what could have gone wrong are welcome.
Thanks a lot

Piwigo version:  2.8.6 to 2.9.1
PHP version: 7.0
MySQL version:
Piwigo URL: http://photoandcrochet.com

#2 2017-09-20 20:28:24

divedj
2017-09-05

Re: [resolved] Piwigo 2.8.6 to 2.9.1 upgrade Guide Step 7

I got the problem solved again. Moving a website is simple if you really follow a few simple steps as described in manual upgrade http://piwigo.org/basics/upgrade_manual. To install Piwigo on a new server, do not use any installers for some reason the don't work if you transfer or update. Download the zip-file to your local computer, unzip it and copy the piwigo directory to your server. Don't worry about the directories _data, upload, gallery, local, themes and template-extension. You need to save this directories including all their containing files from your old installation and transfer it to there respective places to the new server.  Backup your database from the old installation, create a database on your new server, and import the backup file. Please compare your login credentials for the databases. You may need to edit the file /local/config/dataase.inc.php to adjust the the database login credentials. If you access your websites main page now you might still experience a white page wit a few error messages. Don't worry about it yet. Login to your Piwigo admin panel. Depending on your previous installation, you will have to reinstall, reactivate your previous used theme and plugins. Now you should be able  to access your website as it was before.

Board footer