Announcement

#1 2017-10-11 20:47:35

f3red
Cold Springs (Reno), NV, USA
2015-06-11

[resolved] List of users not visible after update to 2.9.2

Hello/Hi/Greetings,

After upgrade, list of users not visible, but they are apparently still all there, and I can select all (or none) of the 157 that are defined. Also, I can add a user from the User Admin panel, but the process does not indicate completion. I can also select all and apply an action to them, which works, but again does not indicate completion.

UPDATE: I am unable to access user data to change user type or recover login/password (common problem). This has gone CRITICAL for me.

UPDATE: Based on a recent post, I went into maintenance and started working thru the checks. After clearing all of the history categories, I ran integrity checks: the results are in the added images below (I had to run them all separately so I could understand what was happening). All other tests passed. I ran Reintialize integrity check after each failure.

The second and the last images show the results of the "Album status" check, with the group of four "Notices" repeated 5 times. The third image shows the results of running the Categories.id check.

I ran a Repair and optimize database which ended successfully, and still get the same errors - and I still don't get the User list.

Any suggestions of what to do next?

Piwigo version: 2.9.2
PHP version: 5.6
MySQL version: 5.6
Piwigo URL: http://photos.384thbombgroup.com/

Last edited by f3red (2017-10-12 23:10:16)

#2 2017-10-12 23:47:38

f3red
2015-06-11

Re: [resolved] List of users not visible after update to 2.9.2

I am having no luck trying to resolve this problem - if I cannot manage the users I am dead in the water!

#3 2017-10-13 14:53:34

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#4 2017-10-15 23:23:50

f3red
2015-06-11

Thanks for responding.

Yes, I had found that one (and several others related to upgrade to 2.9) but nothing that addresses this behavior. Your reference to a post by LeChi (http://piwigo.org/forum/post.php?tid=28306) which presents a problem characterized by an error message is not seen in my case - I post below a more complete view of my Users panel.

I did locate advice on how to manually recover from erroneous behavior after an upgrade by manually uploading new copies of the software to the server. I hesitated to do that, wanting to know if that is still the recommended approach, and what caveats I should be aware of. I further accessed the "Manual Update" guidance, but could not be confident. Perhaps if you are able to offer a recommendation regarding that approach that would help resolve this problem.

A side issue - purely self-inflicted - is that I "accidentally" cancelled admin rights for all my administrators, so I am under the gun to resolve this situation. Your help will be gratefully appreciated!

Cheers,
rfp

#5 2017-10-15 23:25:32

f3red
2015-06-11

And here's the screenshot...

#6 2017-10-18 20:13:02

f3red
2015-06-11

flop25 - Do you have any further suggestions, or should I go ahead and replace all the Piwigo files?

#7 2017-10-21 00:13:25

f3red
2015-06-11

Well, after several attempts to reinstall the software manually, I apparently did it right - I committed many errors, including installing into the rong server directories, for instance.

Based on this experience with the upgrade from 2.8.0 to 2.9.2, I must remember to work more carefully, and also remember to rely on the forum to learn how to fix things.

Cheers,
rfp

Board footer