Announcement

•  » Extensions
  •  » Theme Simple Grey with no album description in overview?

#1 2018-01-07 15:09:56

Garfield42
2017-12-02

Theme Simple Grey with no album description in overview?

Hello

I migrated more or less successfully form Gallery2 to Piwigo. I use the theme Simple Grey and now discovered, that newly made album descriptions are showed in the parent album overview by default, as described here in the blog.
Now, I would like to have album descriptions when viewing the album (where the thumbnails are), but not showing the album descriptions in the parental album.

Example:
Gallery/album_animals/album_cats/thumnails of images --> should show the album description
Gallery/album_animals/thumbnail of album "cats" --> should not show the album description of "cats"

Is it possible to change the default? If so, in which file do I need to change this?

Piwigo version: 2.9.2
PHP version: 7.0.2
MySQL version: 5.6.36

Thank you very much in advance!

#2 2018-01-14 21:41:13

Garfield42
2017-12-02

Re: Theme Simple Grey with no album description in overview?

I don't understand much of coding, but I think what I'm looking for must be called "description" or "album description" with the options "left" and "bottom". So I looked thorugh the files of the theme "simple grey" that made sense to me, but only menubar_categories.tpl had the term "description" in it, but the code seems not fitting got what I'm looking for.

I also tried to use the plugin "Extended Description", but it changed nothing.
I'm sure, the plugin "Local Files Editor" would help me, but only when I know, in which file I have to change what exactly.

Anyone has an idea, in which file I have to look or for what code?

Or maybe, the theme could officially be changed to the option "none" for the description?

•  » Extensions
  •  » Theme Simple Grey with no album description in overview?

Board footer