Announcement

#1 2017-03-02 02:55:22

colinstephens
2017-03-02

Photo display apparent timeout

Hello/Hi/Greetings,

I've successfully installed and used piwigo for some time but recently started uploading a larger image size. The average size is still only around 200kb but I'm finding that the thumbnails and larger image do no always display. Instead I get a triangle with an exclamation mark. To resolve the issue I refresh the page and the images display. It is not necessarily consistent for a particular photo which leads me to believe that it is a timing problem.

It's worth noting that the thumbnails always display in the album and the problem only occurs after selecting a thumbnail and navigating from there. In the attached screen grab, the images will be displayed if I refresh the page.

Has this issue occurred to others?
Is there a setting that can be adjusted to increase the time to load an image before displaying the error?
Using a different browser doesn't affect the problem.
Once the image has been cached the likely occurrence of the problem is reduced but not necessarily resolved.

Thanks, Colin

Piwigo version: 2.8.3
PHP version: 5.3
MySQL version: Database client version: libmysql - 5.1.73 ?
Piwigo URL: http://

#2 2017-10-28 17:38:56

Walton
2017-01-08

Re: Photo display apparent timeout

I just fixed a problem that had the same sympton like you, lots of photos not showing up at the first time and when you refresh, they are ok again.

My problem was caused by a CDN related  Access-Control-Allow-Origin issue.

After Setting CORS (cross-origin resource sharing) on Apache, it is working fine now.

Hope this information would be helpful for someone someday :)

#3 2018-01-16 23:51:58

sborzabor
2018-01-16

Re: Photo display apparent timeout

hm...hm

Board footer