Announcement

#1 2017-08-17 03:19:54

ceinmart
2017-08-17

Flickr2Piwigo not working

Hello

First , sorry for my limited english.

I'm new here and I just installed piwigo on my host and the first thing I'd like to do is import all my albums from my flickr and for that I has installed the plugin.

I followed all steps describe into the configuration tab and saved.
At Import tab, when I click in "authenticate" they only redirect to https://www.flickr.com/ and do nothing else...
Am I missing something ?

And one more note , this plugin works only with PHP 5.2 ?
At first I configured my host to use PHP 7, when I click at Import tab, fews PHP warnings appear , then I was downgrading the version and just stop with this warning when I reach version 5.2... :(

Piwigo version: 2.9.1
PHP version: 5.2
MySQL version: 5.6.36
Piwigo URL: http://fotos.imartins.com.br

#2 2017-08-17 12:40:01

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: Flickr2Piwigo not working

I have also received 2 reports of [extension by mistic100] Flickr2Piwigo not working (on Piwigo.com). Indeed it seems Flickr has made some changes in its API :-/ By the way, I find it very disappointing to break remote applications using your API. On the other side, a pLoader, last version in 2009, still works with a Piwigo released in 2017! Because we cared about not breaking the API.

#3 2017-08-18 04:24:24

ceinmart
2017-08-17

Hi Plg ,

Thank you for your answer.

Is there intention to try solve the flickr2piwigo ?
I really prefer use it, because I want to keep my albuns, tags, descriptions...

I check the pLoader and it doesn't look be capable to keep this informations.

Thanks
Cesar

#4 2017-08-18 10:10:19

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

mistic100 did create this great plugin and maybe he will be OK to solve this :-) If not, we will have to wait for someone else to look into this code and fix it for the new Flickr API!

#5 2017-08-18 13:12:13

eliz82
Romania
2016-04-27

plg wrote:

I find it very disappointing to break remote applications using your API. On the other side, a pLoader, last version in 2009, still works with a Piwigo released in 2017! Because we cared about not breaking the API.

You cannot keep bugs or weird stuff FOREVER in your code for the sake of compatibility. I barely used two api functions of Piwigo and found a lot of weird stuff. Some of them I reported http://piwigo.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=26633 . Some of them not ... for example you cannot access data the same for json and php output in the same way, example response[foo][0][bar] for php and response[foo][bar] for json ... i found this weird.

Today on this planet you cannot transport big equipment on trains because somebody (for compatibility sake) chosen to have the same spacing distance between rails to be compatible with horses (the legend say they are compatible with the roman war chariot wheel spacing chosen 2000 years ago).

But you neither can be in the opposite side like Facebook who are changing their api twice a year, breaking apps compatibility all the time. :)

So i think Flickr is fine. They are not making changes to often (in my opinion).

P.S.  maybe Flickr will allow working with the old api for some time but you must specify the api version in the call. example flickr.com/api/v2/somecall/ . the developer of Flickr2Piwigo must search this, if he want a quickfix.

#6 2017-08-21 01:45:49

ceinmart
2017-08-17

I dig a little about all this and confirm the old authentication method was disabled for good by Flickr.
Now only the OAuth method works.
(appear this is announced for years... and the day becomes)

I was looking if someone was solve this on GitHub and appear this guy was implemented the OAuth .

https://github.com/DantSu/PHPFlickr-Oauth

He have a website explaining the use :

http://www.developpeur-web.dantsu.com/f … -phpflickr

But I'm not PHP developer and my developer days was gone .... I really don't know PHP to able merge the new methods ... (I check doing a diff , isn't much code modification, but appear have some structure change on way to call the methods where will need adjust the plugin too)

I will post this information into the flickr2piwigo issues on github and cross my fingers for someone try implement this.

Thanks
Cesar

#7 2018-02-18 01:00:44

samwilson
Fremantle, Western Australia
2014-02-06

I am looking into updating flickr2piwigo to support OAuth. I've forked and updated the PhpFlickr library (see https://packagist.org/packages/samwilson/phpflickr ), and am now looking at flickr2piwigo. I'll send a pull-request to mistic100.

This issue is being tracked in [Github] Flickr2Piwigo issue #5

I think it'd be super good to be able to promote Piwigo to Flickr users (well, I just want to tell my friends to use it really!) and have it be easy to migrate. :-)

Last edited by samwilson (2018-02-18 01:01:38)

#8 2018-03-06 22:07:16

goldennumber
2018-03-05

Thanks Sam!

I am very much looking forward to transferring thousands of my flickr photos to piwigo hosted on my own servers!

Might you take donations?  Is there any update on Flickr2Piwigo?

Thank you! :)

#9 2018-03-07 00:26:26

samwilson
2014-02-06

The main issue of being able to authenticate is fixed, but there's another bug that's preventing a whole album (or all photos) from being imported. I'm working on this; hope to get it done soonish.

And no, I'm afraid donations wouldn't speed things along at all! I've got a job, and this fits in around that. :-) But thanks for the thought!

Come and add your 2¢ to the issues at https://github.com/mistic100/Flickr2Piwigo/issues

#10 2018-03-08 21:51:09

goldennumber
2018-03-05

Thanks Sam!

Is there a way to run Flickr2Piwigo from the linux shell or command line, rather than from a browser?

I have a dedicated server where I would like to leave it running so as to transfer all my images.

Thank you!

#11 2018-03-08 23:23:51

goldennumber
2018-03-05

A related question to my above question is that if one closes the browser running Flickr2Piwigo and then opens a new browser on a new computer and runs Flickr2Piwigo, will Flickr2Piwigo continue where it last left off when the first browser was closed?

Or will Flickr2Piwigo begin all over again, and download every gallery starting from the very first gallery again?

Thanks! :)

Last edited by goldennumber (2018-03-08 23:24:33)

#12 2018-11-21 20:49:19

kaizen
2018-11-21

Hi,

Hope it is fine to add an error I noticed with the extension.

Upon transferring my albums I am getting from time to time the following error:

Fatal error: Uncaught OAuth\Common\Http\Exception\TokenResponseException: cURL Error # 28: Operation timed out after 15001 milliseconds with 0 bytes received in /usr/local/www/apache24/data/piwigo/plugins/flickr2piwigo/vendor/lusitanian/oauth/src/OAuth/Common/Http/Client/CurlClient.php:135 Stack trace: #0 /usr/local/www/apache24/data/piwigo/plugins/flickr2piwigo/vendor/lusitanian/oauth/src/OAuth/OAuth1/Service/Flickr.php(98): OAuth\Common\Http\Client\CurlClient->retrieveResponse(Object(OAuth\Common\Http\Uri\Uri), 'photo_ids=27816...', Array, 'POST') #1 /usr/local/www/apache24/data/piwigo/plugins/flickr2piwigo/vendor/lusitanian/oauth/src/OAuth/OAuth1/Service/Flickr.php(124): OAuth\OAuth1\Service\Flickr->request('flickr.photoset...', 'POST', Array, Array) #2 /usr/local/www/apache24/data/piwigo/plugins/flickr2piwigo/vendor/samwilson/phpflickr/src/PhpFlickr.php(347): OAuth\OAuth1\Service\Flickr->requestJson('flickr.photoset...', 'POST', Array) #3 /usr/local/www/apache24/data/piwigo/plugins/flickr2piwigo/vendor/samwilson/phpfl in /usr/local/www/apache24/data/piwigo/plugins/flickr2piwigo/vendor/lusitanian/oauth/src/OAuth/Common/Http/Client/CurlClient.php on line 135

I think it is for video files that are in some of the albums. I have the VideoJS extension configured and can manually upload mp4 videos.

Just to mention I am very grateful for this extension :) since Flickr decided to limit free accounts.

#13 2018-11-22 02:19:01

samwilson
2014-02-06

@kaizen: This is a known bug I'm afraid [Github] Flickr2Piwigo issue #32 I'll hopefully have a chance to look at it soon.

@goldennumber: Sorry I didn't reply earlier; I must have missed the notification of your post. There is a feature request already for the CLI [Github] Flickr2Piwigo issue #13 and the starting-where-we-left off thing is slightly trickier [Github] Flickr2Piwigo issue #30 — certainly at the moment if you start up a separate session it will start again from the beginning. Note however that it won't re-import photos that it's already done, so it will be a *bit* quicker.

Board footer