Announcement

#1 2018-02-18 18:07:55

quixote
2008-05-10

In trouble! Lost admin password AND no email....

I was having php timezone issues which, I think, affected my login. I tried to change the password before fixing the time issue, and now I can't login at all. (The timezone issue is now sorted out.)

It's been so long since I set up piwigo, I have no idea which email goes with the admin account, whether I even still have it, or whether it's set up to send pwds over email.

What I do have is ssh access to all the directories on the server.

Ideally I can just change something in a config file somewhere??

If not, I am, with some difficulty, capable of getting into a mysql database and changing settings, but I would need exact instructions. I am less than no good at mysql.

I hope there is hope for me! I have almost 10,000 photos on the site and the last thing I want to do is reinstall!

#2 2018-02-18 23:55:09

executive
2017-08-16

Re: In trouble! Lost admin password AND no email....

For the second time, I will do it for you. Clearly you're not in a hurry, since you could have done this yourself, and gotten your answer right away rather than waiting for someone else to hold your hand.

http://piwigo.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=17019      [resolved] i lost my login name and password
http://piwigo.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=9563   Username Password lost

Actually now I just realized that you didn't even try the forgotten password button.
Next time you need your bum wiped, go ask your mother.

#3 2018-02-19 03:24:20

quixote
2008-05-10

No, actually. This time I did search. For quite a while. I used piwigo's search, not google's. Maybe that was a mistake. In any case, I found nothing after half an hour which surprised me. Unlike my other problem, this one seemed like it had to have happened to others.

In any case, although thanks for listing the links, if you feel that put upon maybe you should go work for a cable company's customer service.

Yes, I'm angry.

You're obviously a knowledgeable person. did you get there without ever having times of honest ignorance?

And my mother is dead.

#4 2018-02-19 03:47:33

executive
2017-08-16

Unlikely. I found those topics in under a minute by using the forum search for "lost password". The "lost password" button directly below the login prompt practically stares you in the face. This is selfishness, not honest ignorance. Anyway, I've made my point.

Last edited by executive (2018-02-19 03:50:40)

Board footer