Announcement

#1 2018-03-07 06:39:20

JasonHague
2018-03-07

Delete album seems to be missing?

Hi,

Albums --> Manage --> Edit --> gives me 4 options: jump to album, add photos, manage sub albums and synchronise.

Shouldn't I have delete album available here? I can't seem to work out how to achieve this!

The album is empty.

Any clues?

Thanks in advance!

Piwigo version: 2.9.3
PHP version: 7
MySQL version: MariaDB 10 on Synology DiskStation
Piwigo URL: http://

Last edited by JasonHague (2018-03-07 06:39:52)

#2 2018-03-07 10:27:21

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Re: Delete album seems to be missing?

Hi :-)

Go to Administration > Manage > delete

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#3 2018-03-07 12:43:49

JasonHague
2018-03-07

Hi!

I'm not seeing that choice at all?!

I'm in the admin part and I get as stated in the OP.

Last edited by JasonHague (2018-03-07 12:44:20)

#4 2018-03-08 01:30:59

JasonHague
2018-03-07

OK...

The answer is... any album created via a synchronisation can only be deleted via a resynchronisation. Albums created manually will have the delete option. For some reason, even though the local directories had been removed, the synchronisation process was not removing the defunct gallery, Yes I had unchecked the 'simulation only' check box but still the galleries remained. When I edited the config file and pointed it to an external copy of imagemagick this all started working + thumbnails appeared... interesting thing is that pwigio still reports using GD. Not sure what is going on there?!

$conf['graphics_library'] = 'ext_imagick';
$conf['ext_imagick_dir'] = '/usr/syno/bin/'; (Not even sure this is the correct location, going off a synology forum post.Nothing errors, and things seem to work better...so?! Hmmmmmm....)

I guess external means outside of the php setup? Not sure. Anywhoooo getting imagemagick(sp?) setup with php seems to be a little bit of a trick on a Synology Disk Station but I will work on that.

Cheers
J

#5 2018-03-08 12:10:53

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

if you are on Synology there are plenty threads on the net about Imagemagik issues

your thumbnails issue is a separate things ; open a new thread please

About your album not deleted by synchronisation, i don't undertsand if that's solved or not?

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#6 2018-03-14 02:05:17

JasonHague
2018-03-07

flop25 wrote:

if you are on Synology there are plenty threads on the net about Imagemagik issues

Yes... but unfortunately none of them resolve the issue of installing it on my unit, DS418 Play. It can be done on others but as of today the work has not been done for my model. Even though it is used by the Synology apps they appear to have named it differently so working out where it is and how to get at it is not so straight forward. Odd that they would have it in the DSM operating system but keep it from their own PHP install..

flop25 wrote:

About your album not deleted by synchronisation, i don't undertsand if that's solved or not?

Pretty well resolved, I'm using soft sym links to link to my galleries. That stuffs it up a little but I just get into the database and sort it there, not so hard. The bigger issue is that Piwigo picks up all the hidden thumb nails that Synology Photostation generates, that kinda messes things up. Looks like they are not going to coexist well.

flop25 wrote:

your thumbnails issue is a separate things ; open a new thread please

LOL... they appear when I have a miss configuration that won't/can't work! Not sure why... but still.

#7 2018-04-12 16:37:01

aanimeri
2018-04-10

I have met the same problem. I have tried to get rid of an empty album without results.

Maybe I correctyl understood why there cannot be found any delete or remove button. I did not understad how to delete the album without the delete button

Any other means to delete an album than edit conf-files?

About 20000 photos with texts and comments were exported from gallery2 and imported into piwigo. So all the albums were synchronized.

Piwigo 2.9.3
    Operating system: Linux
    PHP: 5.6.35 (Show info) [2018-04-12 17:30:08]
    MySQL: 5.5.59-0+deb8u1 [2018-04-12 17:30:08]
    Graphics Library: ImageMagick 6.8.9-9

#8 2018-04-12 19:52:39

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

aanimeri wrote:

I have met the same problem. I have tried to get rid of an empty album without results.

Maybe I correctyl understood why there cannot be found any delete or remove button. I did not understad how to delete the album without the delete button

Any other means to delete an album than edit conf-files?

About 20000 photos with texts and comments were exported from gallery2 and imported into piwigo. So all the albums were synchronized.

Piwigo 2.9.3
    Operating system: Linux
    PHP: 5.6.35 (Show info) [2018-04-12 17:30:08]
    MySQL: 5.5.59-0+deb8u1 [2018-04-12 17:30:08]
    Graphics Library: ImageMagick 6.8.9-9

physical album are deleted from FTP+sync as they are created
virtual albums can be deleted from web administration of Piwigo

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

Board footer