Announcement

#1 2018-04-16 20:38:03

friendlyface
2018-04-16

Simple but ANNOYING! help appreciated

Hi friends. My apologies for bringing up what is no doubt a well covered subject but I could really do with some piwigo-for-dummies adivice!

I have been using piwigo for 2-3 years now. I have 27gb of photos uploaded, for context.

I have the galleries private.

There's no real reason for that outside of there's no doubt a few pictures in there that I don't really want circulating ala facebook ha ha. Hedonstic days and all...

Anyway. Evidently now I am breaching my hosts TOS by having a private 'backup' This is doubly funny outside of the timeframe because piwigo is offered as a one click install by the host. Insanity and i'm a bit peeved.

Anyway. Out of principle, I wish to get all my photos down. However. I have been using it as the upload and delete option to go hard-drive-free.... so... now i have all my pictures up, well organised, and no backups.

Is there super simple way I can download the folders organised?? I've date-named all the galleries. I don't really want to have to go through that all again... truth be told I had a hard drive crash and i've been bit by bit sorting my images into their relevant galleries as the filenames and metadata went all skewiff.

Anyway. I'm on a windows machine. i have a fat internet pipe and a hard drive ready to go.

Can anyone assist me with some advice here?

You guys rule, in advance.
xox

#2 2018-04-16 21:00:55

executive
2017-08-16

Re: Simple but ANNOYING! help appreciated

are your albums virtual, or physical directories?

#3 2018-04-16 21:06:37

friendlyface
2018-04-16

I'm afraid you've BOFH'd me there, accidentally

I'm pre-school here.

How can i check?

Thanks in advance for the hand holding

#4 2018-04-16 21:11:57

executive
2017-08-16

How do you add photos to your gallery?

#5 2018-04-16 21:36:35

friendlyface
2018-04-16

I have been going to the admin panel and uploading via the built in uploader tool.

#6 2018-04-16 22:16:56

executive
2017-08-16

That means your images are stored in
<your piwigo folder>/gallery/upload
and then sorted by date in subdirectories.

You should be able to download the images without problem with your host's file manager, or an FTP program. Unfortunately, the albums exist 'virtually' in the piwigo database.

However, there is a plugin called "Batch Downloader"
http://piwigo.org/ext/extension_view.php?eid=616
It allows you to download whole albums of images. But, I'm pretty sure you'd have to do it one album at a time.

That's all I can think of for now. Maybe somebody else will chime in with their thoughts.

Board footer