Announcement

•  » Requests
  •  » EXPORT to flickr or instagram?

#1 2018-04-19 13:54:59

JTX
2014-09-28

EXPORT to flickr or instagram?

Is there going to be any future updates to provide the ability to EXPORT to flickr or instagram?

I see ways to IMPORT from those media places, but how about a way to EXPORT to flickr or instagram instead?

#2 2018-04-19 23:44:32

executive
2017-08-16

Re: EXPORT to flickr or instagram?

I doubt it. The whole philosophy behind Piwigo is to escape the megacorps that sell your data.

There's nothing stopping you from using embed links though.

#3 2018-04-21 12:32:36

samwilson
Fremantle, Western Australia
2014-02-06

I've been wondering about adding an 'upload' option to Flickr2Piwigo, because there are sometimes some small advantages to having photos on Flickr (especially now that it's been bought by Smugmug and its future is perhaps a bit more secure). For example, the National Library of Australia has a terrific catalogue aggregator called Trove, and if you add photos to the Flickr group 'Australia in Pictures' then they appear in Trove (alongside photos from the collections of the country's archives, libraries, universities etc.).

Although, perhaps such functionality should go in its own plugin, or maybe in an existing export one, or something like ShareThis.

#4 2018-04-22 21:42:51

teekay
2013-06-12

Instagram is impossible from the web app, because they don't provide an open media upload API endpoint. Only iOS hooks and Android intents. They don't want you to share a photo from anywhere on the web.

As for Flickr, sharing a single photo on Flickr would be a good addition for the Social Buttons plugin. Exporting full albums to Flickr wouldn't make much sense IMHO, because Piwigo is your self-hosted online gallery, and Flickr is a different one. You would just export to flickr from the same source as you did for Piwigo (e.g. your asset management software, filesystem library, or whatever)

Last edited by teekay (2018-04-22 21:46:30)

•  » Requests
  •  » EXPORT to flickr or instagram?

Board footer