•  » Miscellaneous
  •  » Encoding derivatives pictures with ftp upload/sync

#1 2018-05-06 14:40:16

deheme
France
2014-12-12

Encoding derivatives pictures with ftp upload/sync

Hello,

I asked the following question in the french forum a couple of times with no success at all, therefore I try my luck here, we never know!

For my pictures at home, I'm using a NAS which automatically upload all the pictures in a directory on my web host thru ftp.
This directory is the basis for my Piwigo portfolio, I use the "synchronise" function.

It's fine but the derivative names are not encoded like they are with direct html upload, thus I do not get the same "relative security" because ones can guess the names or various picture sizes.
Here is my question : how could I get the derivative encoded even when the originals are uploaded through ftp ?
Does this been ever done by someone?
Any link, tip or direction to go will be welcome.

Enjoy!
DéHème

Piwigo version: 2.9.3
PHP version:
MySQL version:
Piwigo URL: http://deheme.com

#2 2018-05-06 22:52:09

erAck
Only trying to help
2015-09-06

Re: Encoding derivatives pictures with ftp upload/sync

If you don't need to preserve the files as uploaded (for example for repeated synchronization) you could use [extension by plg] Virtualize to convert physical to virtual albums.

Running Piwigo at https://erack.net/gallery/

#3 2018-05-06 23:05:22

deheme
France
2014-12-12

Re: Encoding derivatives pictures with ftp upload/sync

erAck wrote:

If you don't need to preserve the files as uploaded (for example for repeated synchronization) you could use [extension by plg] Virtualize to convert physical to virtual albums.

thank you,

My pictures are not in galleries, there are pointed with a symlink, moreover, I don't want to change the originals which are sync with my NAS.
I use already physical2virtual but the derivatives are not encoded!

Enjoy!
DéHème

•  » Miscellaneous
  •  » Encoding derivatives pictures with ftp upload/sync

Board footer