Announcement

#1 2018-05-13 18:06:25

moose
Upper Bavaria, Germany
2013-01-03

Problems with Indian (Hindi) language package

Hi folks,

currently my Piwigo 2.8.6 site pix-bavaria.com wiht Bootstrap Darkroom theme is available in six language (DE, EN, ES, RU, AR, CN) and all things work fine.

Today I wanted to add sevens language and run into some difficuklties which I cannot understand and fix. May I kindly please for some advices?

So what did I do?

Well, I tried to add Hindi language as sevens one. I the folder confiuration => languages I activated the first of 5 optional Indian language dialects (see attachement). Its Hindi. I choose Hindi because Hindi is besides of English one of the 'official' languages in India.

First, I remarked not all menu dialogs are translated to Hindi as for other Indian dialects. Anyway, I can change this later. But my biggest problem is this:

No self written language specific texts are displayed like they do in/for other languages, anyway if I chooses

[lang=hi]...[/lang]                            (hi -> hindi)

or

[lang=in]...[/lang]                            (in -> indian)

For Example, for simplified Chinese I activated 'CN' as Piwigo language and set 'ZH' in my self written texts, i.e. [lang=zh]...[/lang] which works fine for Chinese.

But how can I get my self written Hindi texts displayed too? Or: why doesn't it work by default in the way it did for other languages? The only changes I can see are an added indian flag and some translated menu point (e.g. search) depending on which Indian Dialect I choose.

- How can I get Piwigo working with Hindi language in the same way as it does with the other six ones?

- How does Piwigo internally know which on of the 5 Indian dialects the admin hs chosen because all use the same indicator 'IN'?

And, last not leat, where can I add missing expressions in the language related menu/dialoges (e.g. contact form)? Are the dedicated language files (mapping), where can I find them und how do changes work, i.e. on the fly or do I've to clear some caches before, etc.?

Any help would be grealty appriciated!

Greetinx,

moose

#2 2018-05-13 18:44:03

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Re: Problems with Indian (Hindi) language package

Hi :-)

Hindi isn't translate because there no translator if people can help us welcome on translate tool :-)

http://piwigo.org/translate

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#3 2018-05-23 20:55:18

moose
Upper Bavaria, Germany
2013-01-03

Re: Problems with Indian (Hindi) language package

So I did. Have a look at http://piwigo.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p … 87#p170887 .

Greetinx

moose

Board footer