Announcement

•  » Requests
  •  » Suggestion: Introduce option to Sync option for Uploads folder.

#1 2018-08-31 19:10:17

bb1bsc
2018-08-26

Suggestion: Introduce option to Sync option for Uploads folder.

Hi

This is a suggestions to maybe help those using Virtual Albums:

Introduce a sync Process  to locate Missing files in the Uploads Folder and remove reference from the database.

Reason for Request:
I ran a commercial image duplicate finder on my collection of 20K pics, I host my own server, The software found a few duplicates in the Uploads folder.

Subsequently the duplicate files were deleted by this program BUT Piwigo continued to list the images in the album.

This was just a particular use case but it brought to light a concern on managing hardware failure and restore processes might need some kind of sync process with the Upload folder.

My original post:-
https://piwigo.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=28847

#2 2018-09-01 05:40:08

executive
2017-08-16

Re: Suggestion: Introduce option to Sync option for Uploads folder.

I have no need for such a thing. If the maintenance tools don't do this already, then it could be an extension for those who want it.

#3 2018-09-02 21:30:04

bb1bsc
2018-08-26

Hi Executive,

Agree You have no need for this, the maintenance tools did not solve this problem.

I suspect those who are moving towards virtual albums as the preferred mechanism might have differing options (specially with the ios app).

Unforseen mechanical or software challenges might create a circumstance where the  uploads folder does  not reflect the database.

I was lucky it was a minor number and the need to run an image duplicator software to locate and delete was a resort especially as i understood the challenge of getting piwigo to run a checksum against all the pics.

All i am saying is it might have some milage to considor how we bring the uploads folder back into sync with what the database holds.

#4 2018-09-03 10:32:38

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

I fully agree with this request. A plugin to check "upload" files are synchronized with database would be very useful. I sometimes do it "by hand" but a Piwigo plugin would be much more user friendly.

•  » Requests
  •  » Suggestion: Introduce option to Sync option for Uploads folder.

Board footer