Announcement

•  » Extensions
  •  » Request: Claim Code extension

#1 2018-11-24 23:51:48

alpha232
2018-11-23

Request: Claim Code extension

Hiyooo,

One thing I have yet to find in the extensions is a "claim code" type option. The idea of having one or more albums with the sub-albums protected with a unique code that you can enter for each sub-album to grant access to only those.

The context is event photography like night clubs, public events, amusement parks, etc. Where you do not know your "client" and your client likely doesn't know you.

My intent is to hand out cards with the website url and code to claim them, take a photograph with a whiteboard showing the code then take the real photos.

Not sure how the functionality would work but, maybe define a filename pattern, upload a folder(album) and the extension could be run on that album to split it by filename which would include the "claim code", automatically generate the sub-albums and move the images and restrict access with a prompt for the claim code.

A landing page where you can direct people to enter the code and then redirect to the correct sub-album.

An option (at per album level) to allow them to select photos to "publish" or share up to the parent album. 

Anyone interested?

#2 2018-11-26 06:28:07

executive
2017-08-16

Re: Request: Claim Code extension

I don't think there's anything like that, but did you look at
[extension by petitssuisses] Share Album

#3 2018-11-26 08:03:37

alpha232
2018-11-23

I maybe could mangle that to do a good part of it and use a landing page that redirects to the link.
Testing it out....
[update]

Sadly the url is randomly generated and no means of setting a value to it manually. This would make it very difficult to generate in advance and hand out like a token but would require me to communicate after the event with the people photographed to send them a url.

It does give me a little bit of insight but without much experience on the internals of piwigo, it will likely be too heavy a lift to get done on my own before the event in December. I may just need to build a barebones album page outside of piwigo.

Last edited by alpha232 (2018-11-26 08:29:19)

#4 2018-11-26 13:43:58

erAck
Only trying to help
2015-09-06

I don't see the problem why generating an access token in advance of an event would be difficult. Anyway, what the ShareAlbum plugin basically does is it creates a shared temporary user who's given access to a private album, and an xauth token that when given logs in that user. Plus it has some managing functions around validity and renewals and hides menu items for such visits, and maybe more important immediately redirects a visit to the corresponding album/category.

The access part you can do similar manually. In advance of the event, create a private album and create a new unique user and password combination you like; assign the Generic status so a logged in user can't change password; assign the privacy level --- (none); give the user the permission to access the private album.

I think that's it.

Btw, when using the ShareAlbum plugin don't setup "a landing page that redirects to the link", that way you'd invite search engines and anyone else who stumbles upon to visit the album.

I'd rather create a QR-code and print it on the card you're handing out so people can just jump to it using their mobile. This of course is not possible with a user/password combination.

Running Piwigo at https://erack.net/gallery/

#5 2018-11-26 15:32:42

alpha232
2018-11-23

erAck wrote:

I don't see the problem why generating an access token in advance of an event would be difficult.

This isn't a single album for the whole event, this is one for each person/group who gets their photo taken.
I would need to create 100 albums and generate and document 100 urls like http://gallery.website.com/?xauth=spncmdFEdAid
Next I would need to associate the photos somehow with that code so I know which photos go to which album after the event.

For now, I'm generating the QR codes with just the text of the unique claim code (event id(4) hex(8)), so I can scan it when I take the photos. The smartphone app I have pushes the code to my website. It logs the barcode and the timestamp. This way, much like non-gps cameras can tag geolocation based on a device location log, I'll be able to link the barcode to the photos based on the timestamp and put that into the EXIF for use in Darktable.

I won't be maintaining the photos for more than 30 days, and once I'm past the holidays, I will likely use the Share Album as a jumping off point.

#6 2018-11-26 19:09:51

erAck
Only trying to help
2015-09-06

alpha232 wrote:

erAck wrote:

I don't see the problem why generating an access token in advance of an event would be difficult.

This isn't a single album for the whole event, this is one for each person/group who gets their photo taken.
I would need to create 100 albums and generate and document 100 urls

Shrug, you didn't say that before. Then you likely also wouldn't want to create 100 users manually..

Running Piwigo at https://erack.net/gallery/

#7 2018-11-27 06:54:16

alpha232
2018-11-23

erAck wrote:

Shrug, you didn't say that before. Then you likely also wouldn't want to create 100 users manually..

Sorry, thought the whole claim code idea for amusement parks and such would convey that concept.

#8 2018-11-27 21:06:08

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

•  » Extensions
  •  » Request: Claim Code extension

Board footer