Announcement

#1 2019-07-20 13:54:13

zjohn13
2015-04-08

Edit Comments display

Hi,

I'm using the Comments option in gallery "Configuration" and have been attempting to remove the date and time details from the Comment displays using the "LocalFiles Editor" plugin.

I've tried the following lines in "Local config" tab and I feel that I'm in the right area but missing something.

$conf['commentDate'] = false;

$conf['span.commentDate'] = false;

Can anyone suggest the correct code to use please?

Thanks,
John

Piwigo version: 2.9.5
PHP version: 5.6.40
MySQL version: 10.2.25-MariaDB
Piwigo URL: https://www.chilternphoto.org.uk/

#2 2019-07-20 20:40:53

erAck
Only trying to help
2015-09-06

Re: Edit Comments display

What makes you believe there would be such a configuration option just because the span element's class attribute is commentDate?
Besides, changing arbitrary $conf['...'] stuff without knowing anything could break things..

You'd have to change your theme's template for that, for example themes/default/template/comment_list.tpl line 61 remove the span with {$comment.DATE}

Running Piwigo at https://erack.net/gallery/

#3 2019-07-21 13:13:11

zjohn13
2015-04-08

Re: Edit Comments display

Thanks for your reply erAck. 

Programming ignorance is my problem for attempted fix.  I had help in the past removing "?" and ".php" from URL's using $conf['...'] command with LocalFiles Editor so I jumped the gun thinking that the command may work for this issue.

I don't want to make changes to the system files as they will be overwritten by a future system updates.

If I'm unable to make the change via LocalFiles Editor, I'll play safe and have to live with the date/time stamp.

It was an unusual request but reason is that in addition to the many albums displayed our website hosts an annual exhibition with a guest reviewer who comments on a selection of the photos. As the comments are all entered in a fairly short time by same person the date/time stamps are superfluous and become screen clutter on pages that we have attempted to keep clean with the Stripped theme.

We users are all different...

Regards,
John

Board footer