Announcement

#1 2019-09-08 06:22:59

JAlperin
2019-08-27

new additions to galleries not found by synchronize tool

Greetings,

I installed Piwigo a short time ago and created 351 albums by synchronizing symlinks in the galleries directory to files on FreeNAS.  Only minor issues with invalid file names.

Subsequently I've fiddled with plugins and configurations to get the look and feel to my liking.  Again, only minor problems while learning.

Today I edited some new photos and put them in yet another subdirectory of the same directory on Freenas used for the prior 351.  I added another symlink from galleries and ran synchronize.  But, synchronize does not see the new album.  I checked permissions, even went to 777, no luck.  From within FreeBSD the new symlink works and files can be seen, but not by synchronize.

So, I created a physical subdirectory within galleries and put a couple of test jpg files in it.  Again checked permissions.  But, again, synchronize doesn't see that album either.

Changes/additions to some of the prior 351 albums are seen, but not new albums.  Yikes.

I can create virtual albums and upload jpg files to them, but really prefer not to do so.  Managing my photos in one place and merely symlinking to get them displayed is very attractive.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Piwigo version: 2.9.5
PHP version: 73
MySQL version: MariaDB104
Piwigo URL: N/A (internal only at this moment)

#2 2019-09-08 22:53:22

JAlperin
2019-08-27

Re: new additions to galleries not found by synchronize tool

Strange.  When synchronize is initiated from tools > synchronize (directories and files) it does not find the new albums (symlinked).  When initiated from Dashboard > Quick Local Synchronization it does.  Why would that be?

#3 2019-09-09 00:23:53

jnashpiwigo
Piwigo Team
2014-10-21

Re: new additions to galleries not found by synchronize tool

permission issues on the new folder?

Board footer