Announcement

#1 2020-01-19 12:21:37

Netcie
2017-11-20

Alter behaviour of session cookies

Hello

I'm wondering how I can alter the behaviour of the session cookies.
The session cookie has been hard-coded in common.inc.php r141 with session_start() as function and also in functions_session.inc.php. How can I delay the session_start() so the cookie pwg_id will be set after my specific actions? I could alter the code in piwigo core but that is not a solution but a workaround and might result in more issues.

This is related to my "Cookie Consent" plugin.

Piwigo version: 2.10
PHP version: 7.3

#2 2020-10-24 12:44:03

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: Alter behaviour of session cookies

Hi Netcie,

Sorry for this late reply. I was searching for your posts on the forum to tell you something about your plugin and I found this unanswered topic.

[extension by Netcie] Cookie Consent is a nice plugin BUT the session id and remember_me cookies ARE NOT A PROBLEM for GDPR.

You don't need to ask permission to write those cookies. They are not "third party" cookies. They are not "personal data" neither. You may ask for permission to use the IP address in the history log (if activated) but with a standard Piwigo, that's all. Now if you have a Google Analytics javascript snippet, that you must ask for permission before inserting it in the page.

#3 2020-11-03 22:46:56

Netcie
2017-11-20

Re: Alter behaviour of session cookies

Sorry I'm a bit late but thanks for the reply.
I've read more into the whole cookie stuff and this all comes back to functional and first-party cookies. Keep up the great work!

Board footer