The list of major changes is described on Piwigo 2.0.0 release notes. This page only describes what changes between release 2.0.3 and release 2.0.4.
- plugins with multiple language description
- avoid compatibility warnings with PHP 5.3
- fix Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) display bugs
- 0001145: [notification] Mails are sent in double
- 0000895: [installation & upgrade] automatic authentication at the end of install
- 0001071: [API] improve logs on API calls
- 0000953: [synchronization] avoid fatal error when deleting a photo that doesn't exist on filesystem
- 0001053: [category management] hide categories that contain no photo due to privacy level
- 0001057: [other] use the dedicated newsletter subscription for IT/DE/ES languages
To upgrade a Piwigo 2.0.x installation (any of 2.0.0, 2.0.1, 2.0.2 or 2.0.3), you can follow 2 methods:
New: use the Piwigo Auto Upgrade plugin directly from your Piwigo installation. Give it a try and you'll have no excuse not to perform regular upgrades!
- Go to [Administration>Specials>Plugins>Other Plugins] and perform and automatic installation of "Piwigo Auto Upgrade"
- Go to [Administration>Specials>Plugins] to install and activate this new plugin
- Go to [Administration>Links>Administration] and perform a "Check for upgrade" action
- Piwigo tells you that a new version is available and offers to upgrade, click on the link
- You're now running Piwigo 2.0.4!
- The old way: download the 2.0.x_to_2.0.4.zip archive that contains all new or modified files. Once you have extracted files, transfer them on your web server with a FTP client (like FileZilla) over your Piwigo 2.0.x installation. No database upgrade is required.
To upgrade a Piwigo installation older than 2.0.0, read the upgrade guide.