||July 15st, 2011 (2011-07-15)
||bug fixes, new language, new features
Note: the list of major changes is described on Piwigo 2.2.0 release notes. This page only describes what changes between release 2.2.3 and release 2.2.4.
- 0002369: add Bulgarian (Български) [bg_BG] thanks to hamsia, josifbg and n0kS
- 0002337: update language files for 2.2.4
- 0002341: [configuration] simplify ergonomy on LocalFiles Editor for CSS file selection
- 0002245: [category management] automatically give permissions to the creator of a new private album
- 0002375: [category management] more randomness on album representative thumbnail
- 0002376: [API] add method pwg.categories.setRepresentative
- 0002345: [API] ability to update the rank of a photo for an existing album
- 0002243: [API] [pwg.session.getStatus] return server time
- 0002354: [tags] add name as tooltip for tags by letter
- 0002358: [category management] allow non-recursive mode for get_random_image_in_category function
- 0002364: [installation & upgrade] missing database upgrade with Piwigo Auto Upgrade
- 0002325: [display] Useless scrollbar in admin menu > plugins in Roma theme
- 0002348: [display] useless block on the right side of admin tab in Google Chrome
- 0002363: [installation & upgrade] upgrade 94 fails when write access is missing on _data/plugins
- 0002344: [navigation] all "Go to Home" links should depend on the user defined "Gallery URL"
- 0002370: [navigation] mistaken tooltip on "Reduce diaporama speed'" button
- 0002356: [metadata] when EXIF date is incorrect, we should consider it as empty
- 0002351: [template] missing #EoP anchor on cat_list.tpl
- 0002338: [database] sessions table gets huge, use automatic purge
- 0002343: [API] [pwg.images.setInfo] privacy level should not be mandatory
- 0002342: [API] [pwg.images.setInfo] default value for privacy level fails with MySQL 5.5
- 0002340: [user or group management] external authentication is broken
- 0002339: [user or group management] [external authentication] user synchronization should not be random
Recommended method: follow the automatic upgrade procedure. If you're currently running Piwigo 2.1, the Automatic Upgrade will tell you which plugin may be not compatible with Piwigo 2.2 before upgrade.
If you're running Piwigo 2.2.0, 2.2.1, 2.2.2 or 2.2.3, you can also download the 2.2.x_to_2.2.4.zip archive that contains all new and modified files. Once you have extracted the files, transfer them onto your web server with a FTP client (like FileZilla) over your Piwigo 2.2.x installation. No database upgrade is required.
If you are running a version older than 2.2.0 and do not want to use the automatic upgrade, then follow the manual upgrade.