||September 26th, 2012 (2012-09-26)
||minor new features, bug fixes
Note: the list of major changes is described on Piwigo 2.4.0 release notes. This page only describes what changes between release 2.4.3 and release 2.4.4.
12 languages have been updated: Bulgarian (Български), Danish (Dansk), German (Deutsch), Greek (Ελληνικά), Estonian (eesti), Persian (فارسی), Hebrew (עברית), Italian (Italiano), Portuguese (Português), Romanian (Română), Thai (ภาษาไทย), Chinese (简体中文).
New minor features
- 0002737: [tags] improve tag administration screen
- 0002732: [tags] when new tags must be added, also look first for existing tags with different case
- 0002721: [template] slight improvement of "contact webmaster" link
- 0002708: [other] in admin, display allowed custom derivatives and ability to delete them
- 0002752: [template] "no photo yet" feature not compatible with mobile theme
- 0002750: [security] [password.php] unprotected user input (report by Stefan Schurtz via Secunia SVCRP)
- 0002716: [albums] modifying a photo reset it's rank
- 0002748: [display] guest can't open Original in popup
- 0002735: [other] fix/improve non latin language tags
- 0002725: [security] Piwigo isn't compatible with suPHP
- 0002733: [web API] [pwg.categories.add] if the parent album is private, the album must always be private
- 0002730: [synchronization] multi size not deleted when physical directory deleted
- 0002724: [albums] missing photo title as tooltip while sorting photos in album
- 0002717: [other] Warning + no content on help page
- 0002715: [navigation] on picture page, tools buttons + Firefox prefetch increment the hit counter
- 0002714: [template] missing icons on jgrowl notifications
- 0002712: [image processing] Custom sized derivatives are never sharpened
- 0002711: [image processing] Watermark is sometimes applied while it should not be
Recommended method: follow the automatic upgrade procedure. If you're currently running Piwigo 2.2+, the Automatic Upgrade will tell you which plugin may be not compatible with Piwigo 2.4 before upgrade.
If you're running Piwigo 2.4.0, 2.4.1, 2.4.2 or 2.4.3 you can also download the 2.4.x_to_2.4.4.zip archive that contains all new and modified files. Once you have extracted the files, transfer them onto your web server with a FTP client (like FileZilla) over your Piwigo 2.4.x installation. No database upgrade is required.
If you are running a version older than 2.4.0 and do not want to use the automatic upgrade, then follow the manual upgrade.