Announcement

  •  » Website
  •  » Leave Gna and host the Subversion repository on our server

#16 2009-04-17 00:16:16

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05
13487

Re: Leave Gna and host the Subversion repository on our server

stripy wrote:

Do I have to send you smthg ?
If yes, please, tell me what and how to do it, because I don't know ...

If you want to commit in the Subversion repository, yes, you have to send me something.

1. go to this page
2. fill your "user name", ie "stripy"
3. fill your "password"
4. select the "MD5" as "algorithm" (which is the default selected value)
5. click on the "encrypt password" button, a string will appear in the last textfield, something like "stripy:$apr1$ZhhlMsIc$vInqGRjVOsWxIvBkaSAQV1"
6. send me this string by email

Offline

 

#17 2009-04-17 00:38:18

stripy
Former Piwigo Team
2007-11-26
1082

Re: Leave Gna and host the Subversion repository on our server

plg wrote:

stripy wrote:

Do I have to send you smthg ?
If yes, please, tell me what and how to do it, because I don't know ...

If you want to commit in the Subversion repository, yes, you have to send me something.

1. go to this page
2. fill your "user name", ie "stripy"
3. fill your "password"
4. select the "MD5" as "algorithm" (which is the default selected value)
5. click on the "encrypt password" button, a string will appear in the last textfield, something like "stripy:$apr1$ZhhlMsIc$vInqGRjVOsWxIvBkaSAQV1"
6. send me this string by email

3. is it the password I use for Pageant ?

Offline

 

#18 2009-04-17 00:51:56

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05
13487

Re: Leave Gna and host the Subversion repository on our server

stripy wrote:

3. is it the password I use for Pageant ?

No. It's what you want.

With the new Subversion repository location, just forget about pageant ans SSH private/public keys, it's not useful anymore.

Offline

 

#19 2009-04-20 14:42:29

rub
Piwigo Team
Lille
2005-08-26
5019

Re: Leave Gna and host the Subversion repository on our server

And now, could you give us commands to synchronyse because I failed to adapt my previous command used on gna.

Offline

 

#20 2009-04-20 21:55:33

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05
13487

Re: Leave Gna and host the Subversion repository on our server

rub wrote:

And now, could you give us commands to synchronyse because I failed to adapt my previous command used on gna.

What is "synchronize" in Subversion?

Offline

 

#21 2009-04-20 22:47:15

rub
Piwigo Team
Lille
2005-08-26
5019

Re: Leave Gna and host the Subversion repository on our server

plg wrote:

rub wrote:

And now, could you give us commands to synchronyse because I failed to adapt my previous command used on gna.

What is "synchronize" in Subversion?

check out

and so others functionalities..

What's the new command for last command:

Code:

svn co svn+ssh://rub@svn.gna.org/svn/phpwebgallery/trunk trunk

Offline

 

#22 2009-04-20 22:49:08

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05
13487

Re: Leave Gna and host the Subversion repository on our server

rub wrote:

What's the new command for last command:

Code:

svn co svn+ssh://rub@svn.gna.org/svn/phpwebgallery/trunk trunk

Code:

svn checkout http://piwigo.org/svn/trunk trunk

Offline

 

#23 2009-04-20 23:04:00

rub
Piwigo Team
Lille
2005-08-26
5019

Re: Leave Gna and host the Subversion repository on our server

ok, it's work.. just the protocol witch are changed (and location too).

I will do commit soon, I hope to have no problems.

How I can change the location of old work copy? (without copy/move files)

Offline

 

#24 2009-04-20 23:25:12

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05
13487

Re: Leave Gna and host the Subversion repository on our server

rub wrote:

How I can change the location of old work copy? (without copy/move files)

There is no "easy" way for that. The simplest method is to checkout from the new location and copy the local modifications you had in your old checkout.

Offline

 

#25 2009-04-20 23:46:09

rub
Piwigo Team
Lille
2005-08-26
5019

Re: Leave Gna and host the Subversion repository on our server

plg wrote:

rub wrote:

How I can change the location of old work copy? (without copy/move files)

There is no "easy" way for that. The simplest method is to checkout from the new location and copy the local modifications you had in your old checkout.

It's what are done :-)

Offline

 

#26 2009-04-21 19:07:18

rub
Piwigo Team
Lille
2005-08-26
5019

Re: Leave Gna and host the Subversion repository on our server

rub wrote:

I will do commit soon, I hope to have no problems.

Done [Subversion] r3243.

How I can be notified to new commit?

Offline

 

#27 2009-04-21 21:48:05

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05
13487

Re: Leave Gna and host the Subversion repository on our server

rub wrote:

How I can be notified to new commit?

It's the next step.

First easy way : subscribe to Trac Timeline RSS feed.

I can also add a hook in the Subversion repository that will send a email to all commiters on each commit.

But the goal is to have a mailing-list where anybody can subscribe to and which keeps some archives. The Subversion hook will send a single email to the mailing-list.

So the next action is either to find a mailing-list service or a install a newsletter system on the server (like phplist).

Offline

 

#28 2009-04-21 22:02:58

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05
13487

Re: Leave Gna and host the Subversion repository on our server

After several minutes of brainstorming, I don't think that a newsletter system is what we need concerning the Subversion commits notification : a newsletter is not an email forwarding system and we don't need to archive the SVN notification, it already in SVN log.

(we will need a newsletter system for the announcement list, but it's another problem)

So my current opinion is that we need a basic system : subscribe/unsubscribe (with confirmation). The Subversion hook send an email to each subscribed email.

I need to think a bit more about this but if you have ideas, please share :-)

Offline

 

#29 2009-04-22 18:22:07

rub
Piwigo Team
Lille
2005-08-26
5019

Re: Leave Gna and host the Subversion repository on our server

plg wrote:

First easy way : subscribe to Trac Timeline RSS feed.

It's fine for me ;-)
And no more is necessary...

The author could be show on rss?

Offline

 

#30 2009-04-22 23:19:35

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05
13487

Re: Leave Gna and host the Subversion repository on our server

rub wrote:

The author could be show on rss?

The problem has been reported several times to Trac development team, and the answer is that they can't add the author's name if Trac doesn't know the corresponding email address. I think they should do like Mantis : simply add "@example.com" at the end of the username.

http://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/2959
http://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/2639
http://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/5309

Offline

 
  •  » Website
  •  » Leave Gna and host the Subversion repository on our server

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

github twitter newsletter Donate Piwigo.org © 2002-2021 · Contact