•  » [Plugin] UserAdvManager (UAM)

#16 2009-09-17 22:25:50

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

Re: [Plugin] UserAdvManager (UAM)

New branch and new NBC_UserAdvManager version: 2.11.0

With some new features that had been requested long time ago (I took my time but I got there;))

- Ability to set a period (in days) maximum for a visitor to confirm their registration. After this period, the validation key will be expired
- Ability to list visitors who have registered but not validated their registration ( with or not expired key)
- Ability to remove visitors unvalidated
- Ability to send a reminder email to unvalidated visitors with regeneration of the validation key (extension of timeout)
- Ability to send a reminder email to unvalidated visitors without regeneration of the validation key (single reminder)
- Possibility to force the validation manually
- Ability to customize the content of reminder emails

So... After that, I'm going to pause on this project and trying to invest myself on others plugins like NBC_News.

Of course, I assure always support for this plugin but future functional evolutions will wait.

Thx to tell me any difficulties here. I've done extensive testing before releasing this version but it's possible that some bugs have passed through the mesh.

#17 2009-09-19 01:39:34

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

There was some problems to install or upgrade the last plugin version. This new 2.11.1 version fixed them !

#18 2009-09-20 03:09:18

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

Version 2.11.2 fixes the error message in the activation of the plugin and I redid the principle of displaying unvalidated user in the "Advanced Management of registered unvalidated". Now, all visitors unvalidated are displayed regardless of whether the expiry of their key validation.

This is more consistent with functions associated like sending reminder messages.

There is one thing that bothers me: It would be good to be able to show difference between unvalidated *and* expired and unvalidated but not expired. Perhaps by highlighting in red the expired ones...

I tried to do over the functions of Smarty, but I do not quite mastering "the beast". It will come soon...

#19 2009-09-27 18:44:06

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

New release 2.11.3 :
- The unvalidated users management tab shows users according with the settings of unvalidated group and / or unvalidated status.

- Email providers exclusion list can be set with CR/LF between each entry. The comma seperator (,) is still mandatory.

- Bug fixed : Bad translation tag in french language file.

- Improvement of unvalidated users management tab - Expired users are displayed in red color text.

#20 2009-10-06 22:52:09

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

New minor release 2.11.4 :

[Bugtracker] ticket 1177 fixed : Width of excluded email providers list reset to ancient value (80 col).
[Bugtracker] ticket 1179 fixed : Adding a notice in plugin inline documentation for use of validation groups and status. A default group must be set in Piwigo's groups settings and the "Guest" (or another user) must be set as default for status values.
[Bugtracker] ticket 1182 fixed : Language tag missing in confirmation email generation.

#21 2009-10-19 18:34:23

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

New minor release 2.11.5 :
[Bugtracker] ticket 1195

#22 2009-10-29 02:53:16

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

New release from a new dev branch : 2.12.0

- Added control of passwords complexity . Operates on the principle of scores (the higher the calculated score is from the password, the higher is it complex).

- Added management of visitors who have not returned to visit the gallery from x time. In short, I called it "Ghost Tracker". Lets you set the minimum time between 2 visits, send a reminder mail with customizable content and remove "ghosts" where appropriate.

Remember : NBC_UserAdvanceManager project has an entry in bugtracker !

#23 2009-10-29 22:02:48

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

Let's go!

A new general release gives necessarily few adjustments after its release. Hence the version new 2.12.1, which cancels the simplification of the plugin's administration panel. It was initially, I think, a good idea, but the consequences of side effects induced appeared too dangerous, especially as regards the loss of saved settings if you disable an option of the plugin.

So I opted for blocking the text fields when the related option is disabled (eg, e-mails text for information and confirmation, list of exclusions, etc. ...). This keeps the settings for future use even when the option is disabled.

However, I kept the old method of masking parameters for the option of strengthening passwords because there is no risk of parameters loss.

As an aside, I would like to have an opinion from users of the new plugin Ghost Tracker feature:
Currently, when the option is enabled, only new registered or regular visitors are "hounded" during their visits. But all the others, those who are already registered but do not return to visit the gallery, they are missing the system ...

I seek to "populate" the new tracking visits table (#_user_lastvisit_check) with all users registered in the gallery when activating the plugin, or a posteriori, through a new button in administration interface of the plugin.

Problem: What date should be taken into account to initialize the date of last visit?

My tracks to address the problem:

- The visitors date of registration -> Effect: The very "old" registered will meet immediately in the table of "ghosts" (modulo the delay time set in days) even if they visit the gallery pretty regularly. This implies it will wait a while for the table entries are absorbed in themselves... And still no guarantee of having a really reliable results.

- The date the plugin installation / activation of the option -> Seems to me the best compromise in this case. But no "old" registered will appear in the table since the time limit set is not elapsed.

Your opinion?

#24 2009-10-31 18:16:51

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

#25 2009-11-01 12:05:29

sonreir
2009-05-03

Great work with this Plugin, guys !!

Just have a question...is it possible somehow to add a new line in the registration form to have the "real name" entered by someone who wants to register next to his nickname ? So that you know exactly who is "behind" the nickname ? Maybe later the City...or the country...something like that. There can be also a option that the real name won't get public...just the admins can see it .

Regards

#26 2009-11-01 16:21:45

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

sonreir wrote:

Great work with this Plugin, guys !!

Just have a question...is it possible somehow to add a new line in the registration form to have the "real name" entered by someone who wants to register next to his nickname ? So that you know exactly who is "behind" the nickname ? Maybe later the City...or the country...something like that. There can be also a option that the real name won't get public...just the admins can see it .

Regards

Hi sonreir, and thank you to support this plugin ;-)

About your request :
- I'm not sure knowing the "real name" of a registered user could be usefull. It's impossible to control if the real name typed will be exactly the real name of the user who's registering. So, in most cases, we'll get a nickname in the actual "username" field and another nickname in a new "real name" field. You'll never now exactly who is behind a nickname. The interest of this is very limited...

- About other fields requested like the city, this can be optionaly be set in the registration page. But the country... Well, Piwigo is mostly     multi-language. The registered users should logically set their own language that allready gives a good indication about their country, isn't it ?

Of course, I remain open to all suggestions. If you or other users manage to convince me of the real utility of this request, I can change my position.

#27 2009-11-04 22:11:49

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

Release 2.12.4 :
[Bugtracker] ticket 1229

#28 2009-11-08 20:54:50

mohammed
Translation Team
KSA
2009-07-25

There is a problem in the registry
If the user name already exists
And the user tries to register under the same name
And even e-mail

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/9317/scr9904729.jpg

To lose or to waste an opportunity will result in  grief and sorrow -
https://linktr.ee/m0h

#29 2009-11-08 23:29:06

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

mohammed wrote:

And even e-mail

Hi mohammed,

Thank you for your feedback. I'll investigate this issue as soon as possible.

Please, tell me if you are using the last version of this plugin.

#30 2009-11-09 11:12:07

mohammed
Translation Team
KSA
2009-07-25

Eric wrote:

mohammed wrote:

And even e-mail

Hi mohammed,

Thank you for your feedback. I'll investigate this issue as soon as possible.

Please, tell me if you are using the last version of this plugin.

Thank you for your reply Eric
Sure you  do ;)

I think I use the latest version 2.12.4

To lose or to waste an opportunity will result in  grief and sorrow -
https://linktr.ee/m0h

•  » Extensions
  •  » [Plugin] UserAdvManager (UAM)

Board footer