Announcement

#1 2009-04-21 22:15:20

MJ80
2009-04-19

Please allow user directories....UseDir not compat with 2.0.1 piwigo

Cant you make it so when a user sings up, it creates a user profile with an option to set an avatar, and creates a user album, which they can upload into anytime they want. They have full control of all pictures in their albums, they can choose to show them publicly or NOT.

This is too much work for me atm, since Im getting over 2000 hits and 60 signups perday. (Yes to a photo gallery.)

Currently, this is my procedure.

1. Each time a user signs up, I have to create their albums manually via the Identification>users tab (I then check the username to use as their galleries album name.)
2. I have to validate the pictures they uploaded first via admin cp>pictures>waiting
3. Then create the thumbnail via the admin cp>pictures>thumbnails, menu....
4. Then, I have to synchoronize files and directories.
5. THEN, I have to go into my ftp, then move the files from the public upload folder, into their albums.

Noting that every uploaded picture from a member has to have their username in the picture name so I can identify it to put in their albums...This is creating work for both me and my users..If it wasnt labbled, I wouldnt know where to put it and who it belonged to.

This could all be eliminated if each user had his/her own album to upload to.

You can still keep validation in, but at least I don't have to move the files each time someone uploads because they dont have their own personal place to upload to. (Well, they do, but everyone else can see it too..)

You guys seriously can't make something this cool and forget about the users options?

Board footer