Announcement

#16 2012-11-29 21:09:42

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

Re: [Plugin] Register_FluxBB

Hi doki,

At the actual point of development of Register_FluxBB plugin, there is no function to migrate Fluxbb users to Piwigo. I'm not sure it's possible because FluxBB 1.5.x uses SHA1 function to hash passwords and not Piwigo which uses MD5 hash by default.

Something you can try is to configure Piwigo for using FluxBB's users table instead of Piwigo's. So your forum users could login the gallery with the same username / password.

But, in this case, Register_FluxBB is no more usefull.

#17 2013-03-30 17:02:15

derrickhawkins
2013-03-19

I installed Piwigo a while back at http://www.fixshun.com/piwi/ on its own database and it works perfectly. I have installed FluxxBB at the base url (fixshun.com) and have tried to follow the instructions that came with the Register_FluxBB plugin. A few times I have tried to use the plugin with Flux and Piwigo on separate databases but I get the following error (even if I have flux and piwigo on the same database!):

Warning:  [mysql error 1146] Table 'nudefrog_piwi344.users' doesn't exist

SELECT username, id
FROM users
WHERE id = 2
; in /home/nudefrog/fixshun.com/piwi/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 813

Fatal error: Call to a member function fetch_assoc() on a non-object in /home/nudefrog/fixshun.com/piwi/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 160

-----
I changed the login.php and registration.php as directed to no avail.

#18 2013-03-30 17:11:30

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

Hi derrickhawkins,

You're the second user (the first one is on french forum) of Register_FluxBB to feedback this MySql error... This occurs only after an installation from scratch.

I'm on the way to investigate this issue. I'll publish a fix as soon as possible. Thx for your feedback :-)

By the way, Register_FluxBB can not work if FluxBB forum does not use the same database as Piwigo.

#19 2013-03-30 18:46:28

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

Hi again,

The bug has been fixed. Please, use the latest 2.5.3 version of Register_FluxBB.

#20 2013-04-01 17:13:50

derrickhawkins
2013-03-19

ok, I got it working but I am having a new experience and maybe its just me but here it is . . .

1. Can login to PW with my old admin login info. but can't login to Fluxx with it.

2. Can create a NEW FLuxx login user and THAT works with Fluxx and Piwigo.

3. Using the forgot password link and changing the password for the admin account sends out the email, click on the link and all that works IN Piwigo but Fluxx doesn't recognize the new password.

4. Synchronized using plugin, admin still unrecognized in Fluxx.
5. When i ran a sync then those that could login to the piwigo pages couldn't log into anything at all.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but i can't figure it out.

UPDATE

Okay, I uninstalled Fluxx, removed the prefix from the Piwigo database then reinstalled Fluxx (to also to the database). Did the migration and ..BAMM can't login with my admin account. tells me wrong password.

Last edited by derrickhawkins (2013-04-01 18:58:30)

#21 2013-04-01 18:08:37

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

Hi derrickhawkins,

derrickhawkins wrote:

1. Can login to PW with my old admin login info. but can't login to Fluxx with it.

I can't reproduce this but:

derrickhawkins wrote:

3. Using the forgot password link and changing the password for the admin account sends out the email, click on the link and all that works IN Piwigo but Fluxx doesn't recognize the new password.

I identifyed a new Register_FluxBB bug. For any reason (I forget why), I excluded admins from the process of password change.

derrickhawkins wrote:

4. Synchronized using plugin, admin still unrecognized in Fluxx.
5. When i ran a sync then those that could login to the piwigo pages couldn't log into anything at all.

And I noticed that password synch does not work anymore because Piwigo and FluxBB does not have the same password hash process. Same problem for audit : It says all is ok but it isn't...

Well... A lot of work to fix all of this :-(

#22 2013-04-01 19:00:49

derrickhawkins
2013-03-19

oh, okay. sorry to bring you more work! :-(

For the moment I will just have to have two separate logins. If you need testers just let me know. The process helps me upgrade my own (lack of) PHP coding skills.

dLh

#23 2013-04-01 21:29:24

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

Don't worry, I'm on it ;-)

I already fixed 3 major bugs (not published yet):
- Admins passwords synchronization between FluxBB and Piwigo when changed
- Password synchronization between FluxBB and Piwigo if a user uses Piwigo's password recovery system
- Exclude password comparison from audit

In fact, I'm afraid this plugin can no longer be fully compatible with the lastest Piwigo version, at least the initial account synchronization and migration between FluxBB and Piwigo...  This is because of the change of password hashing.
It will not be possible to synchronize existing users before installation of the plugin. This means that only new registrants to the gallery after the activation of the plugin will have access to the linked forum. That's the reason why you can't connect your forum with a synchronized user from Piwigo.

At the beginning of Register_FluxBB plugin, Piwigo and FluxBB used the same hash for passwords. So it was easy to copy the hash from Piwigo table to FluxBB's on account synch. But it's no longer the case and I have no idea how to solve this. I think it's impossible because it's impossible to retreive a password from a hash.

I'll unset synchronization and migration features from the plugin and rewrite the rules of use.

#24 2013-04-02 08:20:43

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

You could set the previously created account as "forgotten password "
maybe

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#25 2013-04-02 17:49:46

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

flop25 wrote:

You could set the previously created account as "forgotten password "
maybe

Yes, it's what I think about too. It means that a users synch will "reset" all users password (except for admins). Just need time to put this out of my mind and get it into code ;-)

#26 2013-04-06 18:11:08

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

Well... It seems that fixing the audit and synch actions is a bit more complicated as expected. :-(

The workflow is quit difficult to understand (I write it because sometimes it helps me to find a solution ^^):
- After plugin installation, there are 3 cases:
1 -- Piwigo and FluxBB have no registered users (the most simplest case)
2 -- Piwigo has registered users but not FluxBB (brand new installation of the forum)
3 -- Piwigo has no registered users but FluxBB has some (brand new installation of the gallery)
4 -- Piwigo and FluxBB have registered users but FluxBB users are not the same as Piwigo's ones

- Case 1 is the easiest to manage (and already done and working): No synch needed, all new users that register on the gallery will be added in FluxBB users table.

- Case 2: I have to synchronize the existing Piwigo users into FluxBB users table. This was already working fine in the previous versions before Piwigo 2.5 because FluxBB and Piwigo used the same password hash (even if FluxBB uses mainly SHA1, MD5 is working too - at least in version 1.5) and a simple copy of passwords hash was OK.
This is no longer the case now: Piwigo uses a "salted" MD5 hash. I have to find a solution to synch the user's password between Piwigo and FluxBB users tables.

- Case 3: Same behavior as case 2 but with a "reverse" synchronisation from FluxBB to Piwigo. This feature has never been done in Register_FluxBB plugin and could be a nice evolution. But the same problem with passwords synch remains...

- Case 4: A merge of case 2 and 3, always with the same problem on passwords synch.

In all these cases, the common blocking point is the synchronization of passwords. I've tried to set Piwigo's users as "forgotten password" but it's not a good way because all users will receive an e-mail telling them they asked for a new password. This is not true and may disrupt them.

Plan B: Implement a system that force the synchronized users to change their passwords the next time they connect to the gallery (and the gallery only because it would be too complicated to also manage connections from the linked FluxBB forum).

I'm working on this but I did not even have a clear idea on how to proceed. It may therefore take a bit of time...

#27 2013-04-08 18:27:43

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

New version 2.5.5 has been released (2.5.4 was buggy on database upgrade and have to be replaced)!

Bug fixed : Admins passwords synchronization between FluxBB and Piwigo when changed
Bug fixed : Password synchronization between FluxBB and Piwigo if a user uses Piwigo's password recovery system
Bug fixed : Exclude password comparison from audit

Warning: Major Changes of the synchronization workflow between FluxBB and Piwigo accounts! This version of the plugin is only compatible with Piwigo 2.5.

* There is no more migration account function. Only synchronization between Piwigo and FluxBB user tables are necessary. Synchronization action performs a mass operation (applies to all users of the gallery) while the audit allows to treat the each case seperatly.

* Due to the difference of passwords hash between Piwigo and FluxBB, they are no longer synchronized through the plugin interface. After a synchronization of accounts by an admin, affected users must change their password on the gallery to be valid on the linked forum. To do this, they will be automatically redirected to their profile page and a message will encourage them to make the renewal of their password. That will initiate the password sync with the forum and allow them to connect.

So far, the existing accounts on a FluxBB forum but not in the Piwigo gallery are not synchronized to Piwigo. The audit did propose only their removal. You can keep these accounts in the state pending a further programmed evolution of the plugin.

#28 2013-04-14 18:05:21

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

New release 2.5.9 of Register_FluxBB plugin is available. You can now add FluxBB users accounts to Piwigo !

This feature is only available with audit and for individual add. No mass add. For each FluxBB user added in Piwigo, an email is sent to him with a new password to connect the gallery.

The added user have to modify this password at his first connection to the gallery (automatically redirected to his profile page) to perform the password synch between Piwigo and FluxBB. If he does not do this, he can't log into the gallery and the forum with the same password.

Important note :
During the build of 2.5.9 release, a file corruption occured on en_UK translation. I noticed it quickly and I rebuilded the release but, unfortunatly, 4 downloads of the corrupted release were already done.

If you are one of these 4, you'll face to a blank page after updating the plugin on all your gallery pages. To solve this, dowload the zip file of the 2.5.9 release from extension manager, unzip it on your drive and use FTP to send the content into your online ../plugin/ directory. Replace all existing files.

Sorry for the inconvenience...

#29 2013-08-20 18:42:46

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

Hi,

Register_FluxBB 2.5.14 is available. No substantive changes in the plugin, but adding a mod for FluxBB about a bug distantly related with the plugin: When a user registers on the forum, the "Newest registered user" is not set to date.

Insctructions on the implementation of this mod (very easy and quick) as well as those already recommended are described in Register_FluxBB's admin panel.

#30 2013-09-14 07:15:35

ViPeR_930
2012-09-09

Hi,
I'm having trouble installing fluxbb with this plugin. I have the forum installed on the same database and the forum works, but when I try to setup the plugin in the admincp I get an error when entering the admin and guest account names.

ERROR: The username of the FluxBB's "Administrator" account is different of Piwigo's! Check the configuration of your FluxBB forum and rename the "Administrator" account username in the same way as Piwigo's
    ERROR: The username of the FluxBB's "Guest" account is wrong!

I double checked the administrator accounts are the same. I'm actually not sure what to put for guest. I didn't install with table prefix for fluxbb. Is that the issue?

Any assistance you can provide would be much appreciated. Thank you

Board footer